25 : Iceberg's Tip

Ming is on his way to Forth's office after he went to buy Phana and Forth their favourite drinks.

That day was supposed to be the day Ming will officially ask for Forth's permission to marry his brother because Phana keeps naming Forth as the biggest setback in officiating their relationship.

If what they're having right now can be called a relationship but Ming can't wait any longer. He realizes the widening gap between them as time goes by. Phana still hides something from him and it got to do with Forth.

But as he is approaching the office floor, a loud screaming voice and the sound of something or many things smashed into pieces was heard. Ming hastily run to it, afraid that something terrible occurred with Phana in the room.

Entering the room, he found Forth breathing franticly in his beastly mode. He looks destructive as he blankly stares at the disaster he provoked in his office room.

Ming, however, can't think right when he saw Phana with his lips bruised, bleeding on the edges and lying unconscious on the floor.

What happens? Did Forth punch Phana in his face? It must be him.

"Why is he like this and why are you acting like that?" Ming questions the only person standing in the room. 

"They knew...they knew all along that I'm not guilty," Forth disclosed still in disbelief. He is clenching his hair while Ming attempted to wake Phana up by patting his cheeks softly. 

"About what? Hey brother...fill me in. I can't help you like this. Is this your doing? Why touch him?" Ming is disgruntled seeing Phana in his state but Forth is his master. He can't harm him without understanding the purpose first.

"He said...Mark is not mine! Father and Grandpa even knew about this! How is he not mine? He said the DNA test is a fake." Ming's eyes widen. "He told me the woman died!" Ming's eyes are on Phana who is starting to regain his consciousness.

"Mi...ng...Forth! Ouch!" Phana jolted up in pain. He feels like he was beaten by a brick. 

"What did you tell him?" Ming implored but it sounded more like an interrogation to Phana. He expected it but experiencing it is another different feeling. He can feel the distance between them getting farther away. There's no care or love in that question at all. 

"The truth. I'm sorry. I can't keep this any longer." Phana claimed, full of guilt. He can't even keep his gaze up.

"How?! How did she die?!!" Forth interrogated. He lets his emotions dominate before he can even ask more from Phana. Just thinking about how easy the woman died made him sick to the stomach. It was unfair for her to die that easily while he is suffering from her doing. And the fact that the elderly in the family knew about the truth but still taunted him is absurd.

"Truth about what?" Ming queried again. He assisted Phana to sit on the couch.

"Forth is innocent Ming. He didn't do anything to Mark's moth..."

"My son! Not her son! He doesn't have a mother. Beam is his mother! Watch what you're saying!" Forth cuts Phana out angrily.

"Boss! Please calm down." Ming needs Forth to calm down or he will make things even with him for touching what is his.

"I was in charge of the DNA test. You're not the father Forth. I was shocked when the paper shows otherwise the next day. I had confronted father about it but the paper had traces of me all over. I wouldn't be able to deny anything if I were to file a report because forging test results, will make my doctor's license suspended." Phana is desperate for Forth to trust him.