15 : Home

Stepping down the stairs, his nervousness comes back. Phana lift his head bravely to see the faces waiting for him at the dining table but none of them was seen sitting there. Ming directed his steps into the kitchen where he hears noises of people speaking and laughing.

What are they doing in the kitchen?

Mark is already gone leaving the both of them to join the rest. He is indeed very excited to have his friends coming over to his house.

"He's here," Ming announced. Phana is scanning each and everyone seated at the pantry marble table waiting for him. He only recognises Forth and the kids but...

"I know you," Phana said the moment he lays his eyes on Beam. How can he forget Beam. He and his brother of him bring a significant event in his life.

"Dr Phana." Beam let out, smiling and ran towards him. He was meant to hug the tall man but Ming was faster to act and block him from doing so.

"Nope! No hugging. Hug your husband. Not mine." Ming said. Beam and Forth look at each other hearing Ming's remarks while Phana is stunned by Ming referring to Forth as Beam's husband.

"Ming... don't play like that." Forth utters then his gaze falls on Phana's neck. "You punk!!! Did he force you Phi?!" Forth cannot believe that Ming dares to touch Phana. They're strangers. How can suddenly he is claiming that Phana is his.

"Don't! Should I tell Mark that you and Beam weren't m.a.r.r.i.e.d? Little Marky over there caught me kissing him so, we are married as he said we are." Forth's face pale when he saw Mark is trying his hardest to decipher the word spells out by Ming.

Forth is so close to throwing his fork at Ming's head for the blunder he made if it wasn't for Beam shaking his head.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with him." Forth relay his apologies to Phana. Phana however is weirded out by Forth and Ming dynamics. They seem more like brothers unlike Luca with Mr Thanit.

"Wait, you two knows each other?" Beam asked when he realised that Forth isn't being his cold self around Phana.

"He's my half brother. Brother from another mother." Forth without any reluctance explained to Beam who then gasps.

"Ahhh...so he is family. Small world indeed. You must be hungry Phi. Let's eat first. I cooked a special meal for you and the kids today." Phana is still processing everything in his head. He got questions. This scene he is seeing now is not what he was expecting to see.

Ming pulls him to the seat beside Copter and serves him his food. During the dinner, Phana realize that Ming was casually talking business with Forth while Beam is busy entertaining the kid's questions and making sure everyone getting their food.

Just like a real family should be. He was smiling unintentionally at the warm atmosphere. Ming is right.

He remembered back then how silent it is during dinner with the Jamornhums. No one was allowed to even talk.

But this? This is better. This is what he expected from a family.

"Phi...tell me if he's being too much. I'll talk with him." Forth tell Phana when Ming excuses himself to answer a call.

"How are you?" Phana asked Forth. The Forth in front of him right now is someone else. He still remembered how he looks the last time he met him after the incident.

Broken and devastated.

He could have done something but he didn't. But again maybe that's for the best because the last time he heard the news about Forth, he has become a very successful businessman. His father is right about it and his guilt lessened a bit but he can't forget.