28 : Hurt

Bang! Bang! Bang!

Thana is quivering behind his working desk, checking anxiously on his body for wounds after the sound of the gunshots vanished. He feels fine but as a doctor, he knew the adrenaline rush can camouflage pain because he definitely saw Forth had pointed the gun at him before he pulled the trigger.

But miraculously, he is fine. Just ringing in his ears. He deduced that Forth's target perhaps shifts to the ceiling because it was dusty and all in the room now. Debris is falling off the ceiling due to it.

Thana gradually gets up and sight Forth who is sprawled on the floor, cupping his face as he silently weeps. Thana believes that his son's love for the boy his father-in-law had chosen as his heir, was just a phase. He'll come around when he learned the whole story but little did he know that this kid is madly in love.

"I'm not your son. He was long gone when I left home." Forth enunciated in between his crying.

Forth cannot bare to lose Beam. He rather dies even if it's in Beam's hand.

Thana sigh.

Then the door opened unexpectedly showing Luca pursued by Beam and lastly Lydia. All of them are horrified to see the condition of the room and the two-person in it.

"Forth!" Forth was startled to hear Beam's voice, he snapped his head in the direction of Beam's voice. There he stood, standing between Luca and Lydia looking straight at him.

"Be..am.." Forth emotional state is disarray, but catching sight of Beam in front of him, calms them a bit. He is slowly coming to his senses.

Both embrace each other, seeking comfort, ignoring other people currently present in the room.

"You're not hurting right?" Forth was still stupefied seeing Beam standing there but his brain ceased to function altogether because of the vast information received earlier. So no reactions from him toward Beam's question.

"Forth, It's okay. Calm down. It's alright." Beam summed up, knowing that Forth is still in shock. Forth need only a person to trust him and Beam swore to be that person.

No answer from him still but Forth crying had toned down a bit.

"Can you put that thing down first? It's harmful. You could have injured yourself." Beam slowly seized the revolver away from Forth's grip and then gives it to Luca who directly took them and locked it.

Forth, on the other hand, is blurred by Beam's caring act. If like his dad proclaims, Lydia had told him everything, wasn't he supposed to hate him? Hate his family? Angry at them?

"I...I'm sorry.." Forth deems the necessity to say his apologies. His family had wronged Beam's family but currently, all he has to offer is sorry, expecting that Beam won't leave him cold-blooded.

"You better be sorry." Forth feels frigid all of a sudden and scenarios of what will happen next start playing in his mind and it wasn't pretty at all.

"Do you know how worried I was?" Forth was taken aback again.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. We..." Forth has trouble explaining further. He doesn't know how much has Lydia told Beam.

"I will do the same. Probably. But I don't know how to use a gun. They pull out an amazing stunt just to get you out of the house, isn't it? For love. My ass! Now...calm down. Let's talk about it as calmly as we can and..." Beam let out. Forth had a hard time believing what he is hearing.

Beam breaks their hugs and wipes out Forth's tears with his fingers. Forth is staring deeply into Beam's gaze looking for truths behind his words.

Thana regardless was too surprised to see Beam being so unconcerned about it. Didn't Lydia already break the news to him?