Chapter 44 - Considering the Fact that We're in My Bedroom

A/N - Hey guys! Song at the top is Wait for Me by Motopony.

Alright, only one chapter left after this, but don't worry, there will be a sequel! :)

Please remember to comment and vote letting me know what you think!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Wow..," I hear a voice say.

"I know," someone replies.

"You know, I really thought we raised her better than this."

"So did I. I am very disappointed in her."

"Honestly, the indecency of it all."

With eyes still closed and mind still groggy, I lift my head from my pillow. I can feel Hunter start to shift beside me, and I realize that he's not the one talking.

But if it's not him then..

I open my eyes about halfway, and even though everything's still blurry, I can just barely make out Zack and Jay leaning over us. It's when I see Jay's phone that everything is shocked into hyper focus.

"Morning!" he says, before snapping a picture.

I gasp and instantly pull the covers up to hide my face.

At the sound of my voice, Hunter sits up, and I watch as he squints up at them. He takes in the situation and holds up a hand to block the camera. "What the - Guys, get the hell out," he says, leaning over me to shield me from view.

"So, can we assume you two are back together, or is this more like a friends with benefits kind of deal?" Zack asks, like he's giving some kind of interview. "Come on, the public wants to know."

Okay, that's it.

Annoyed and still holding up a hand to block my face, I sit up. "Zack, get out of here before I tell Kimberly all about how old you were when you finally stopped wetting the bed," I threaten.

Zack looks at me, eyes wide. "You wouldn't," he says.

"You've known me, what? Eleven years now?" I ask with a tilt of my head. "I think we both know I would."

"Fine, fine, we're leaving," he says, raising his hands in surrender.

"What do you mean 'we'?" Jay says, raising an eyebrow at him. "She's got dirt on you, not me."

"And Jay, I'm sure your mom would love to hear about how well things went with that girl last night," I continue. "Judging by how your clothes looked when you got back, I'm guessing, very?"

The smug smile on Jay's face instantly falls. "Man, some people just can't take a joke," he mumbles as he turns to follow Zack out of the room.

They both make their way towards the door, but just before he leaves, Zack turns back to us. "Just one question, Mia," he says. "You have pants on under that blanket right?"

"Out!" I yell, hurling a pillow at him. He dodges it and disappears around the corner. I can hear them chuckling all the way down the hall. Jerks.

With a heavy sigh, I fall back onto the mattress and run a hand over my hair. "Sorry about them," I say. "I can't help but feel somewhat responsible for their stupidity." I glance up at Hunter, who's just been watching me with a smile ever since I started threatening Zack and Jay. I raise an eyebrow at him. "What?"

"Nothing," he says. "It's just, that was pretty impressive."

I smile and roll my eyes. "Whatever," I say.