MEET ANAYA

ANAYA

"So what's the plan, dude?" Lia asked, raising her perfectly done eyebrows.

"I'm planning to get laid." I winked, admiring myself in the mirror.

Blue body tight dress sexily hugging my curves. Straightened jet-black hair cascaded down my shoulders. Deep neckline and perfectly toned and smooth legs. Nude lipstick and eyebrow piercing. Tattooed right arm.

Damn! I look like a sex goddess.

"Says the girl who's still a virgin at the age of twenty-four." She rolled her eyes.

Turning my attention back to her, I smiled innocently. "I need a freaking boyfriend to break my hymen. It ain't gonna happen on its own, you know."

"And you're still not dating because?" She asked, her eyes shining in curiosity.

I bite my lower lip at her question and felt my heart falling deep into the pits of my stomach. There's something that I haven't told you Lia even though you're my best friend. Maybe, some scars are never meant to be shared.

I pressed my eyes shut and for a second, all those haunting memories flashed in the back of my head. A sharp pain twitched in my chest and I couldn't help but laugh at the irony of my life. I've always heard people calling me beautiful. I've got a shit load of boys falling for me in my school and college and even though I'm flattered about it, I couldn't feel happy about it. I couldn't even date a single guy. Love is not meant for me. I'm not capable of loving someone.

The whole concept of being in love and then spending forever with that person seems scary to me.

After all, love is nothing but a state of being in oblivion till it starts to turn into something twisted and dangerous.

"You okay, babe?" Lia's voice dragged me back to reality and all I did was give her a forced smile.

"Come on, hurry. Now we don't want to be late, do we?" She asked, trying to lighten up the mood.

I nodded. "Tonight I'm going to dance like there's no tomorrow."

"Yes. Let's get drunk and fuck the world." She screamed at the top of her lungs.

I chuckled and slipped into my heels.

Once we stepped out of the house, I settled inside my car after Lia grabbed a passenger seat. Off course, this bitch hates driving.

Passing her a middle finger, I turned on the engine and after switching off all my thoughts, I drove the car to one of my favourite clubs.

"Two shots, please," Lia asked the bartender as soon as we entered the club through my VIP pass.

"Ah, my favourite ladies are here." Manik smiled warmly at us.

He used to be my college senior and through thick and thin, he's been there with me. After Lia, Manik is the only friend on whom I can count.

"Don't you fucking dare to puke on my shirt again? I'm warning you, your alcohol tolerance is already worse. Don't drink, Anaya." He said with a poker face once he saw the bartender serving our drinks.

I rolled my eyes and gulped the alcohol down my throat in one go. Once the burning sensation in my throat settled down, I asked for another shot.

"Don't stop until I'm wasted," I told the bartender and after ignoring the warning of Manik, I continued drinking the alcohol. I don't know how long I gulped the shots one after another.

"I'm going on the dance floor, babe," Lia announced, once she was slightly drunk.

I nodded. "Go ahead. Shake your booty, girl. On the dance floor like you're a fucking goddess."