WHY ARE YOU HERE?

ANAYA

Entering inside his house, I tried to look for him but there was no sight of him. So, then I decided to go into his room. Wiping off my tears, I inhaled a sharp breath and opened the door. The lights were off and windows were shut down, there was nothing but darkness in the room. I pushed saliva down my throat and switched on the light. As soon as the room illuminated, I found him sitting on the floor with his head resting against the wall and he was staring at oblivion. His face was devoid of any emotion but it changed since I last met him. The dark circles under his eyes told me that he hasn't been sleeping properly. His messed-up hair and pale skin were enough for me to know that what he's been going through. He looked thin and different.

I had a strong urge to get on my knees and beg for his forgiveness, to say that how sorry I'm to devastate his life and kill his girlfriend but I know it'll be in vain. How can he forgive someone like me? So instead, I'll act as if I don't know anything and try to make his life better, I'll try to pull him out of the mess.

I put up a brave face and a fake smile and went to him. His eyes blinked when he saw me and for a second confusion passed through his face before he asked. "Why are you here?"

I sat in front of him and ran my fingers through his hair to which he didn't react.

"Where am I supposed to go, huh? We're married." I smiled.

The corner of his lips twitch as he pressed his eyes shut. "What about your mother, have you met her?"

I cleared my throat to stop myself from crying and shrugged my shoulders. "I did."

"Liar."

"You're stinking, do you know that? Don't tell me that you haven't taken a single bath in past two weeks." I tried to divert the topic.

"Why are you here, Anaya? DIDN'T I TELL YOU TO LEAVE. JUST GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME." He screamed all of sudden, grabbing my shoulders.

I hissed in pain and dared to look into his eyes which were blood shot red. From the rage in his eyes, it was clear that how much he despises me.

"I-I a-am not going an-nywhere, Arnav." I shuttered, looking straight into his eyes.

"You've no idea that how badly I want to hurt you. Trust me, if you don't leave right now, I won't be able to control myself." He spoke in a low, dangerous voice that send chills to my spine.

I won't lie. I wanted to go away from him because I'm scared of his anger. I know he's not lying; he can do worse to me but whatever he'll do, I deserve all of it. So, I'm going to put up a brave face and try my best.

"It's okay you can hurt me but first get up and go take a shower, you're stinking." Ever so slowly I removed his hold from my shoulders and passed him a warm smile.

"Go away from me." He said, now his anger subsiding a little.

"Are you going to take a shower or unless you want me to drag you to the bathroom?" I asked.

He gave me a poker face and looked to the other side.

I sighed. It's more difficult than I thought.

"Do you want me to join you in the shower?" I winked.

His face snapped in my direction and rolling his eyes, he tried to get up but stumbled on his feet. I held him but he pushed my hands away.

I bit on my lips and watched him taking small step towards the bathroom. He was not able to walk properly after all he hasn't been eating from so long.

I grabbed my hair in a messy bun and quickly went to the kitchen. As soon as I stepped outside of his room, I burst into tears. My heart constricted in my chest and I couldn't help but bit my lips till it starts bleeding.

I killed someone. In my recklessness, I snatched someone's breath. For this, I won't ever be able to forgive myself.

Splashing water to my face, I wiped it with my sleeves and wondered that what should I cook? Or exactly what can I cook? Will I'd be able to make it edible?

I opened Youtube and started preparing dishes for him.

Once I was done with it, I arranged everything on the tray and took one final look of it. Boiled eggs, Stir fry vegetables, orange juice and chicken wrap.

The food didn't look that appealing but it'll taste okay to him, I guess.

I entered his room and found him lying down on the bed in only sweatpants. His hair was wet and a mild smell of cologne was coming from him. I smiled a little and cleared my throat to grab his attention.

"Get up and eat the food before it turns cold." I said, placing the food tray in front of him.

He gets up and leaned to the bedpost, staring at the food tray. "Why are you here, Anaya?" He asked, his voice sounding how tired he was.