HIS PAST

ANAYA 

I almost fell from the couch, almost.

My heart started racing like a crazy and everything turned blurry around me. Nothing mattered except him who was saying many things through his eyes which I wasn't able to read. A strange feeling irked inside my chest which I never felt before and over and over again, his word that I'm his ranged through my ears.

"After almost killing me, at last you accepted that you've feelings for her. I'm happy." Ishaan patted his shoulders and smiled.

He then walked to me and bend his head low. "I'm sorry for disrespecting you. Even though I didn't mean a single word yet I'm sorry. Hope you can forgive me someday in future."

I nodded, not knowing what else to say.

"Also, tell him that you already know everything. It'll be hard for him to figure out what to say about Disha. And even though your relationship is messed up, I hope you both find a way out of it." He told me in voice low enough to not let Arnav hear it.

I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out of it?

What am I supposed to do now?

Ishaan smiled and left.

Now we both were in a room alone, staring at each other, not knowing what to say, what to do?

"I-I'm sorry...." I said, looking into his eyes.

He blinked, nodding his head like always.

"I-I know why you married me. I know what I've done to her, to you. I swear I had no idea that she d-died, I thought that she's fine. I know I've committed the gravest mistake and I don't deserve your forgiveness. When I got to know about it, I thought how can I take someone's life? I never wanted something like that to happen in my scariest nightmare. If only I knew earlier then I swear I would've dragged myself to the nearest police station and accepted my crime. And now, everything's on you. You have two choices, either hate me for your whole life and torture me till my soul cries or send me behind the bars. I'm okay with both. But whatever you do, you need to find your peace. You can't waste your life, you've to survive in order to live. Also, you asked that why I didn't meet my mother, right? That's because I want to feel your pain. You would never be able to meet your girlfriend so I swear I will never meet my mother in this life. I'll miss her everyday and will crave to just book a flight and fly to her but I won't meet her. This is the least I can do to pay for what I've done to you. Sorry." I said, surprisingly this time, I didn't feel like crying. I felt nothing at all. I felt hollow.

I stared at the floor, thinking about everything and nothing. My mind was running with all the thoughts in the world but my heart was hollow.

I heard him taking steps towards me but I decided not to look into his eyes. Because they remind me of the damage that I gave him.

"Come, sit with me." He held my hand and made me sit on the floor with him.

He leaned to the wall and looking at me, he let out painful smile. "You talked about how sometimes a child don't need expensive gifts and chocolates, they need a happy family. I don't know to agree with you or not. My father was a daily wage worker and my mother used to work as domestic helper in few houses. We used to live in a one room house that has a small free land where we used to cultivate vegetables and I used to sell it in the market. When I was born, doctors recommend my father to rush me to private hospital in the city for my treatment otherwise I won't be able to survive. My father didn't have any money so he somehow borrowed it from a businessman who used to lend money to people with insanely high interest. I survived but the debt on my father's name increased every day. They both used to work overtime so that they can send me to the school and whenever I see them crying helplessly for money, I always thought that why I wasn't born rich? Why my family don't have lots of money? At least then my family wouldn't have to suffer this much. After few years, when I was thirteen or fourteen, my parents were asked from that businessman who lend us money to give our land to him instead of money. The interest was already high enough that it would take lifetime income of my parents to repay the debt. My father begged that we'd be homeless but he forcefully evicted us from our house just because he wanted to expand his shopping complex a little more. We were deprived of our land along with many other families. My parents were dragged into the protest against that businessman along with hundreds of people. And then one night, they didn't return from the protest. I was worried and searched everywhere but there was no sight of them. After a week or so, their dead bodies were recovered from the river. Police called it suicide but I know that they didn't commit suicide. They were killed. My parents were never the kind of people who would leave their child alone in this cruel world. I knew that they were killed by the men of that filthy businessman. You know, Anaya, I didn't shed a single tear, I just swear upon their dead bodies that one day I'll become rich enough to destroy every single complex of him. And the day when D-disha died, I was finally successful in snatching every single project from him. It was the day for me to finally find my peace but I just felt happy, peace didn't come to me....I've never told all this to anyone, not to Disha. I've never cried in my whole life, never shed a single tear. You just asked me to find my peace, right? You're my peace, Anaya. Even though I hate you, I crave peace in you." He chuckled, resting his head against the wall.