LITTLE KITTEN

ANAYA

Geez, calm down.

I grinned from ear to ear when I saw a red box on the bed. I pulled out the card that was on top of it and read it.

“I bought this dress for you. I know that you don't like wearing them because you think that you look ridiculous in them but trust me, you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. Love you, sunshine.”

— Your husband who's insanely in love with you.

A blush crept upto my neck and I touched my cheeks to stop myself from smiling so much.

Arnav had planned a date for us and to say that I'm excited would be an understatement. We've been trying to mend ourselves after I fucked up everything and now even though I'm still not sure that I won't ever hurt him again but I'm pretty sure that I'll try my best to love him. I can always try.

Arnav started going to therapist and to be honest I need the one too. If he thinks that he's not good for me then I'm not good for him too. My life has been fucked up ever since I was just a kid and if I genuinely want to be good to the person I love, I need to heal my mind too.

Everyday, he tells me about his therapy sessions and I just listen to him. Listen to the man who's willing to change himself for me. He's willing to try for me. If this isn't love then maybe I don't know about love.

I opened the box and found a black dress. It was plain but beautiful. It might reach to my mid thigh and the straps of it were shiny black. I wore it and it fit me perfectly. I don't wear these types of clothes because honestly I don't feel confident enough in them. Step mother had always told me that I'm nothing but a waste of space. She always looked down on me, laughing at my choices of getting my hair dyed and off course having tattoos on my arms. And I know that these things pissed my father off, so I gladly did them.

The dress looked like straight out of movies. It was too pretty. The soft feminine energy it poses was absolutely breathtaking.

Applying the pink lipstick and clean mascara, I took a good minute to appreciate my blue hair that Arnav loves. Leaving the hair open, I slid into pair of shoes.

I walked down the stairs and saw Arnav waiting for me. He was looking something on his phone, leaning to the car as he waits for me. He was in black Armani suit which made pretty obvious that he had came straight from his office.

“How am I looking?” I asked, pretending to be a model with one of my hand on my hips.

He grinned hearing my voice but didn't look up. He was still engrossed in his phone. I rolled my eyes and crossed my hands above my chest. “Arnav.” I called out his name in irritation.

“Yes, Ma'am.” He slides the phone in his pocket and then pulled up his eyes in my direction. For a moment, his gaze didn't flicker from me and it really made me blush.

He walked to me and ran his finger through my hair, tucking my hair lock behind my ear. The smell of his cologne, after shave and mint gum entered my nostril and my heart fluttered. God, it is so good.

“Beautiful as always.” He whispered, tracing his lips to the side of my head and then placed a lingering kiss on my forehead. I closed my eyes in bliss and whispered a 'thank you.'

“You purposely try to annoy me, don't you?” I asked, once he opened the car's door for me.

“I love it when you're all set to kill me with your tiny nails.” He chuckled, turning on the engine.

I narrowed my eyes. “I swear Arnav, one more time I hear this sentance from you, I'll beat the shit out of you.”

“Right. Sorry, I won't say that, my little kitten.” He laughed, again.

I kissed my teeth in annoyance. What happened was we were playing UNO when he won straight for the third time and started laughing at my face. I was so pissed that I kind of launched myself on him but he held my hand and then to remove his grip, I tried to dig my nails into his skin. I said to him that if he didn't let my hand go then I'll make him bleed with my nails, almost forgetting that I really have short nails and ever since then, he's making fun of me.

“Where are we going?” I asked.

“You'll see, love.” He passed me one of his charming smiles.

Off course, he'll not tell me a thing. He loves giving me surprises even though he knows very well that I can't handle curiosity.

I turned on the radio and some romantic song played into it.

“Anaya.”

“Mhmm.”

“Remember that one time when you thought that you had sex with me when you woke up naked in my bed? You ran out of room, naked, demanding answers from me. Come to think of it, on a scale of one to ten, how insane a person can be to walk out naked without realising it?” He asked, holding back his laughter.

I flushed in embarrassment. Man, I was so stupid. Seriously, how can I do that? If Lia and Manik will know this, they'll die out of laughter.

“Well, I thought that since you've already seen me naked...so...” I tried to come up with an argument to hide my embarrassment but he burst out laughing.

“Sure, sure. Whatever you say."

“Arnav.”

“Yes, sweetheart.”

Stay calm, my heart!

I don't know when I'll be getting used to him giving me nicknames. It's weird but in a good kind of way. It makes my heart flutter.

“On a scale of one to ten, how insane a person can be to smash liquor bottles all over his head?” I asked, trying to mock him back.

“Ten. I'm insane for you, Anya.” He whispered, softly.

Butterflies erupted in my belly at his words. I couldn't help but smile.

This is my fairy tale.

“You're so cheesy, dude.”

“Only for you.” He shrugged.

I nodded, looking out of the window with a continuous smile on my face. Let's see where he's taking me to. What exactly has he planned?

A/N

You can check out my another book:

BILLIONAIRE'S LOST LOVE