HIS CONFESSION-II

ANAYA

"I was so mad at your father and step mother that I wanted to destroy them but you told me not to. I realised that why you wanted you commit suicide back when you were in childhood. I promised myself that soon I'm going to take you to Japan so that you can meet your mother and if you want to stay with her, I'd never come in between and let you live your life happily. Your friend, Manik, I was jealous of him being so close to you. When I saw you with him in close proximity, I was furious and hurt too. I thought that what if he's your boyfriend or what if you have feelings for him? But then somehow, I reminded myself that it's your life and I shouldn't interfere. I got drunk and my sanity messed up and I behaved possessively with you. But the second we kissed, I was reminded of how it felt to kiss you in the woods, years back. And after that when we had sex, I swear my feelings get so intensified that somewhere I started accepting that I'm still in love with you. I forgot everything but you. I was ready to start a fresh life with you if you want to stay with me. When you told me about your dream, I had a beautiful thought in my mind that how perfect my life would be if you do your PHD and I do my work and then at night when we return home, I'd cook dinner for you and at dinner, we'll both discuss how our day went and on weekend, we'll watch your favourite series or movie while cuddling on the couch. My heart felt happy but then that night I got a call from the hospital that Disha was pregnant. I don't know what happened to me but I wasn't able to control my anger. My mind went back to past that how my parents were killed and over and over again the same haunting memories kept on repeating through my mind. I wanted to stop them but it became impossible for me. A strange thing came to my mind that my child was killed too, just like my parents. When you came in front of me, I lost it all. My heart didn't want to hurt you but I was not able to stop my mind. It felt that if I don't hurt you then I'll lose my sanity. But I swear I never planned that accident to happen. I never in my worst rage could thought of putting danger to your life. And when you had the accident, I realized the gravest mistake that I've committed. At that moment I wanted to kill myself. I just couldn't stand the thought that I hurt you and you're fighting for you life. Meanwhile I realised something too. I realised that I just don't love you only because you're the girl I met at my lowest point but I love you. I love the Anaya with blue hair and tattooed arm, I love the girl whom I married out of revenge, I love the girl who loves Ramen with cheese and egg with Cranberry juice because her mother used to make these for her, I love the girl who doesn't needs somebody to protect her because she learnt Taekwondo and Karate, I love the girl who suffered a lot yet knows how to put up a bravest smile, I love the girl who still holds onto her mother after so many years, I love the girl who told me that its okay to cry and lend me her shoulder for it, I love the girl who's sharp minded and wishes to earn a doctorate degree in Human genetics, I love the girl who's fierce, bold and sarcastic, I love the girl who's pure hearted, I love the girl who's rude and cusses often, I love the girl who told me that she's mine. I love her, I'm in love with her insanely. But I don't deserve her. I don't deserve you, Anaya."

I let go of the breath which I was holding from so long and my hearted started beating like crazy. I just couldn't believe what I heard but two things ran through my mind.

He's the guy whom I met when I was young; who saved my life and was my first kiss.

And

He's in love with me.

I looked at him and couldn't help but trace his face with my fingers. How come I wasn't able to recognize him? Now that I look at him, he looks quite familiar yet different. The young boy with bones peeping out of his body, pale skin, messy hair has changed now. I'm glad that he came this far, that the guy whose skin cut bruises I touched on his wrist has somehow survived and lived.

And then I realised the second thing, he just told me that he loves me.

I had so much in my mind, so much to say to himbut all I did was to smile at him. "Can you take me to my mother? I need tomeet her now.