SHE'S MINE

ANAYA 

Arnav placed the breakfast tray on the table and sat across us. He didn't look up, nor he said anything. He ate omelette in silence and passed me the butter and toast and also the cranberry juice. I looked at the table and found that there are two glasses of orange juice, Arnav placed for himself and Ishaan but to me he gave cranberry juice.

A smile crept on my lips. I remember telling him that my mother used to give me Ramen and cranberry juice. He remembered that? "Thankyou for the breakfast." I smiled.

He nodded his head, taking the bite of his omelette. Ishaan looked between us with his mouth hanging wide before he came closer to whisper something in my ear. "Don't mind me but I can check something?"

Before I could ask what does he mean by that, he wrapped his arm around my shoulder and looked at me. "So, Anaya, why don't you visit my home sometimes?"

"Huh?" I looked at him, confused.

"I mean since you're sleeping with Arnav then why not me?"

I gasped in shock and without thinking twice, I twisted his arms behind his back till he started screaming in pain. "Tell me again that when did I fucking give you permission to disrespect me? I fucking don't care what game you're playing here but don't you dare to say-no-think something like that again, I'll shove your tongue down your throat and chop off your balls so that you won't ever think about having sex with anyone again in your life, you fucking rotten cheese."

"Ah-please leave my hand..I'm sorry...I didn't..I was just- P-Please...." He pleaded.

I bit on my lips and left his hands, pushing him aside. "I'm black belt in karate and taekwondo, don't you dare to mess with me."

"Woah...I didn't know..I'm so sorry...Black belt? Wow." He rubbed his hand, trying to sooth the pain and looked at me in admiration.

I was about to say something when a sound of someone's laugh broke out in the room. Both me and Ishaan snapped in the direction of Arnav and found him laughing hard. He was clutching his stomach and laughing like there's no tomorrow. This was the first time I've seen him laughing like this ever since I met him and when I say that it made my heart flutter, I won't be exaggerating. All of sudden, I felt happy.

"Wow! What did she do to him?" Ishaan muttered under his breath.

"You should've seen your face, Ishaan. You were fucking going to cry if she held your hand for another second." Arnav said in between his laughter.

Ishaan looked at me for a brief second and his eyes shine with mischief. "I apologize in advance; I swear I don't mean whatever I'm going to say next." He whispered then stood up to walk to Arnav.

This is bad. Why I'm getting bad vibe all of a sudden?

"Why are you laughing, man? So, are you okay with sharing Anaya with me?" Ishaan's words made the whole surrounding tense and Arnav's laughter died down.

Shit. Now I know, Ishaan's doing this purposely to provoke him.

Oh God!

"What the fuck you said?" Arnav growled making me flinch in fear.

"I mean I know why you married her. It isn't like you have any feelings for her or whatsoever. That's why I'm saying that why don't you share her with me, I'll...." Before Ishaan could complete his sentence, Arnav punched him.

I have no idea what to do. Shit. Shit. Shit.

Ishaan grabbed his collar and punched him back. "Why? What's the problem in it? Let me sleep with her for once, I'll make sure that...."

Arnav threw another punch at him and they both started fighting. I clasped my hands together in anticipation and stayed rooted at my place.

"I dare you to say another degrading word about her, I'll fucking kill you. Best friend or not, I won't tolerate a word against her." Arnav gritted his teeth and pushed him to the wall.

"Why? What is she to you? Did you forget that she took her Life? And why it is bothering you so much? You never hit anyone for Disha. Fuck, you never fought for Disha and now for a girl like her, you're fighting with me; the only person who stayed by your side ever since we were kids?" Ishaan spat, wiping the blood from his mouth.

I froze listening to their conversation. Don't do this, Ishaan, please. Don't snatch my chance to repay for my sin. Once Arnav get to know that I already know everything, he'll drag me out of his house.

"Get the hell out of my house." He screamed, clenching his fists.

"Come on man, she's not the kind of girl for whom you're getting so worked up. You told me that you want nothing than to make her suffer till she pleads for her death. You wanted nothing but revenge from her. Then let's do this, you keep taking your revenge and once in awhile send her to my place. I bet she knows how to keep men entertained." Ishaan laughed.

Arnav walked to him and punched him straight across the face. "I swear, one word more and I'll kill you."

"Why?" Ishaan asked.

"BECAUSE SHE'S MINE." He roared. Turning to me, he looked straight into my eyes. "You're mine." He added.