DATE (PART-1)

ANAYA

Uh. This is so irritating. I mean I don't even know where he's taking me to. And besides, I've never worn a gown before in my life.” I mumbled to myself, staring back at my reflection in the mirror.

I clicked my tongue and removed the gown from my body.

This is the designer gown that my father gifted me for attending the party that he threw for the celebration of winning some candidacy a few years back. But I never went to that party.

I was never feminine enough to try gowns and all those cute dresses but now I feel so stupid not being able to find anything suitable in my wardrobe for the date.

I looked at my wristwatch and sighed. It's already half past seven. What the hell should I wear?

Wait for a second. Why I'm even bothering to look presentable? It ain't like I'm trying to impress Arnav Khurrana. Or am I?

I shook my head and decided to wear the light pink dress which was not mine. Lia must've left it here as emergency clothing for the times when she crashes at my place.

The dress went up to my mid-thigh and has spaghetti straps. It was nice and simple but on me, it looked ridiculous.

I mean just imagine wearing a pink dress when you've your arm covered in tattoos. I bite on my lips and left my hair open and didn't bother to remove the wristwatch.

Grabbing a pair of white heels, I took my phone and rushed downstairs trying my best to avoid my stepmother. If she'll catch me wearing this then for sure her mind will jump to conclusion that I'm trying to impress my soon-to-be husband even though it's not true.

I'm just doing all this date thing because I'm embarrassed by the act that I pulled up to humiliate him and not to mention that I burnt him. I'm just sorry about it.

As I stepped out of my house, I found a luxurious black car waiting for me. Fidgeting my finger, I walked up to the car and the second his eyes fell on me, he came out of the car and held open the passenger's door for me.

I didn't say anything, just silently sat inside. Dude, this is so uncomfortable.

I don't even have basic knowledge about what people do on their dates. I mean Lia and Manik have told me about their dates but this is so different. I'm freaking going to marry him and not to mention the fact that he's a billionaire for god's sake.

Any girl would die to be in my place. But man, I'm so fucked up. I don't even feel a tiny bit of excitement for the date. I'm just nervous, that's it.

As he turned on the engine, I realised something. I realised that I haven't stepped inside the car ever since that road accident.

My throat started running dry and I couldn't help but think about what happened that night over and over again. My body started sweating profusely and everything in me screamed to get out of the car.

I pressed my eyes shut and tried to calm myself down but all in vain. I clenched my fists as I struggled to breathe.

Calm down, Anaya.

It's okay. Count to ten. Everything will be alright.

I kept my eyes shut for I don't know how long and counted numbers till I felt that the car has stopped.

Clearing my throat, I opened my eyes and without giving him a chance to say anything, I opened the door in hurry and get out of the car.

Breathing nervously, I rubbed my eyes and looked around only to find out that he has taken me to one of the costliest restaurants in the city. The night light was sparkling brighter around me as the restaurant was in the most expensive neighbourhood.