I'M SORRY!

ANAYA

"WHAT?" Lia screamed from the other side of the phone.

I clutched my cell phone tighter and somehow managed to not throw it on the floor.

"You're getting married to the Arnav Khurrana? Fuck, dude! This is awesome." She said and I could practically hear the smile in her voice.

Just because he's a freaking billionaire that doesn't mean she has to create such hype. I mean I was never interested in marriage and now I'm going to marry one of the most influential men in the country. She has to be concerned about me instead of acting all happy over my marriage.

"I don't want to marry him, Lia," I whispered loud enough for her to hear me.

"Then why you agreed to marry him? And no, don't give me the bullshit that your father is forcing you for it. I mean I know you babe, there's nobody in this world who can force you to do something. You're Anaya Ray for god's sake. The most badass girl I've ever seen." She said in a duh tone.

I sighed.

I'm not that strong, Lia. I've my weak points which are like catacombs. No matter how hard I try, I'll never be able to escape them.

I'm marrying him only for my mother or else I've no interest in him.

Without saying anything, I ended the call and tossed my phone aside.

I looked at my palms which were wrapped in a cotton napkin. The blood has dried but the pain was sharp. I should find a way to control my anger issues or one day I'll end up hurting myself badly.

I exhaled a deep breath and tried to force a smile on my face. It's okay. Everything will be fine. I mean soon I'll get to meet my mother, what else do I need in my life?

I took out a packet of chocolate from my nightstand and was about to unwrap it when I heard a know on my door.

Eh?

Who it could be?

Dad and that bitchy stepmother never came to my room before.

"Come in," I said, reluctantly and as soon as the door flew open, my jaw dropped in surprise.

"Arnav Khurrana?" I mouthed his name and crinkled my eyebrows, trying to make the nastiest face to let him know how displeased I'm to see him.

He walked straight to the room without paying any attention to my face which made me snicker in disbelief.

What does he think of himself? Acting as if he owns the damn world? Well, wow! Wake up, dude. You may be the billionaire but for me, you're just a weirdo who doesn't even know how to react.

"What are you doing in my room?" I asked, clenching my jaw.

But he didn't say anything. And that raised my temper.

Seriously? Right after walking into my room, he's ignoring me.

"You freaking Asshole..." I mumbled under my breath.

Without uttering a single word, he sat at the corner of my bed and that's when my eyes fell on the first aid box in his hand. And the next, I know, he held my wrist and stared at my palms for a second before removing the blood-drenched cotton napkin from my palm.