BREAKFAST

ANAYA

I tried to cover my face from the morning sunlight that was peeping through the window, so I snuggled into something- or someone- wait. I parted my eyelids and screamed in horror.

What the hell happened?

I was naked under the blanket with Arnav and- he was also naked? Oh my god! What have I done?

I pressed palms over my mouth and quietly decided to leave but he wrapped his arms around my bare waist and made it impossible for me to move.

I need to leave before he wakeups otherwise he might get angry. Oh my god- he'll think that now I want to take his girlfriend's place. I licked my lips and for a moment my eyes fell on his face. I didn't remember much from the last night but the moment when he was inside me and we both were looking at each other, feels engraved on my heart. So, I had sex with him? How can I be this careless? The second he'll wake up, he will throw me out of his house. God! I'm so stupid.

He must be drunk and thought that I was his girlfriend that's why he slept with me, right? And me? I accept I was physically attracted to him but how can I not control myself?

I tried again to wriggle out of his hold but this time, he woke up. I froze at my place and for a second, we both stared at each other's face before he buried his face in the crook of my neck.

What?

"I'm so sorry...I didn't mean for all this to happen....Don't...I know you were drunk and...I'm sorry..I..." I mumbled, trying to look everywhere but him.

"I never forget anything after getting drunk." He whispered near my ear which gave me goosebumps.

Wh-what does that mean?

No, way. It can't be what I'm thinking right?

"So..You're not angry that you had sex with me?" I asked, being too blunt.

The sound of his chuckle vibrated through his chest but he didn't say anything.

A low smile crept on my lips when I realised that whatever happened between us was mutual. He doesn't hate me for having sex with me.

"What would you like to have for breakfast?" I asked, thinking about what can I cook today.

"You."

I started coughing at his blunt statement and quickly started finding for a piece of clothing to cover my body and escape to the kitchen. I found his shirt and after getting out of his hold, I wore it and jumped out of the bed to rush to the kitchen.

I sighed and took out a water bottle from the fridge and gulped it down my throat in a go. Cold water calmed my racing heartbeat a bit but still I couldn't get over what he said.

"I'll cook the breakfast for today." He walked down only in his sweatpants and took the bottle from my hand.

I stayed rooted to my place being unable to say anything to him. His gaze lingered on my neck and then a smirk curved at the corner of his lips. I followed his eyes and found my neck full of hickeys. I blushed profusely and tried to hid it with my hair but instead he brushed my hair to the side.

"Don't. I like it this way." He said with a plain face and took out the eggs and bread from the fridge.

What in the multiverse is this happening?

I shook my head in confusion and sat on the couch across the kitchen from where I can easily see what he's doing.

"Hey man! Good morning." A familiar voice echoed in the hall and I saw Ishaan walking through the door.

His eyes fell on Arnav and then at me which made him confused but instead of saying anything, he came to sit beside me.

"What's going on? Is he really making breakfast?" He asked, trying to hide surprise in his voice.

"I don't know, what's happening." I replied.

"By the way, I...I..." He stopped in middle when his eyes fell on my neck. His eyes widened and he quickly turned them away but shock was clearly evident.

I felt embarrassed and quickly hide all the hickeys that he gave with my hair.

"Would omelette and toast would be fine for you, Ishaan?" Arnav asked.

"Yes. Yes. Absolutely. Anything that you made would be fine." Ishaan answered, looking back at me in shock.

"What?" I raised my eyebrows.

"What did you do to him?" He asked, now smiling.

"Nothing." I mumbled, wondering myself that what have I done. Off course, I didn't do anything. I have zero idea that why he's having change of his mind. He should be torturing me, taking revenge me instead he's not doing anything.

"Look Anaya, I don't hate you but I hope you know that I care for my best friend more than anything else. That day I told you everything not because I wanted to make you suffer but because I thought that you're the only one who can keep him sane. I was never in favour when he decided to marry you for the sake of revenge but watching him feel something instead of void even if it was hatred, I was okay with that." He told me.

"It's okay. I understand and after what I've done, I deserved it though." I shrugged my shoulders.