Chapter One

Chapter 1💎
Kai'ceonna

I haven't had a decent amount of sleep in days. But, it was okay because November 23rd 2014, my babygirl, Aurei Na'shai was born. She is the most beautiful baby I've ever laid my eyes on. Of course, because she is my daughter.

I'm about five foot even. I have brown shoulder length hair. I wear glasses and I have braces. Let's just say I'm a beautiful black young woman. Did I mention I was just 15?

I was forced to loose my virginity at just 14 years old. When, someone is pointing a gun to your head asking for sex, it's hard to say no.

--
I got up do my daily routine. I brushed my teeth before I flat ironed my hair real quick with the little time I had before Aurei would wake. I picked out a dress and some flats before the quiet was interrupted by the cries of my baby.

I picked Aurei up from her crib as she struggled to open her big brown eyes. I put her on a pink jumper. I slid on her hat and booties before strapping her into her car seat and walked down stairs. My mom took her to daycare after dropping me off to school.

When, I got out of the car my mom told me I would have to take a cab to the daycare to get Aurei because she had something to do. I nodded and went in.

"Nice to see you back." Mrs. Cox said as I came in to my seat. I took my history book out as she began class. I wanted to graduate early so I was taking advanced classes for extra credits. If I stay on track I'll be graduating a whole year early. I caught up on my assignments, which was really boring since I didn't have a phone so I couldn't listen to music or anything.
When, the bell rang I went on to my 2nd period class, I hated that class with everything. All she would say was nasty things about me. I had to keep reminding myself, "It isn't your fault, Kai. Keep your head up." As you can see I don't have any friends and I could honestly care less. They'd just cause more problems on my plate.
When school ended, I thought to myself .. How was hell am I going to get money for a cab? and why my mama couldn't pick me up if she didn't have to work? I swear I can't wait till I can get it on my own. My life may seem alright but honestly, I don't know who Aurei's father is or was. All I remember is hearing his voice.
I didn't have any money so, I walked the few blocks to the daycare. When, I signed her out she was asleep so, I carried her as I walked home and let me tell you, that was a hell of a walk.
When I walked in, the house was still and quiet. All the pictures were ripped off the wall. All the furniture was gone, empty. The house was completely empty. It looked robbed, "Mama?" I said as my voice echoed through the living room.
When I walked into the kitchen, I found my mama with her hair all over the place. Her mouth was powdered white. She turned to look my way quickly sniffing and wiping her nose. "Ma, what happened?" I said holding back my tears.
"Look, Kai. You gotta go, my man, he tired of you and that baby. I'm tired to. He don't wanna take care of all of us so you and that damn baby got to go. I'm going to live with my man and he don't want no company." She laughed. I was confused, "You're choosing him over us?"
"Yes. Ain't no mama. Ain't no grandma, baby. You gotta make a way on your own." She said coming closer to me. "What do you mean no more grandma?" I said as tears fell down my cheeks.
She got up and walked past me, "I put her in a nursing home out of state. Now no more questions, I packed y'all stuff Kai'ceonna. I'm tired of spending all my checks on you and your child. I can't even get high no more!" She yelled opening the door, "Get the fuck out!"
I put Aurei down in her car seat and grabbed the important things out of our pile of stuff. I didn't know where we were gonna go, but I didn't want to be around when the crack fully kicked in. I had no money and no family, we had no choice but to walk these streets praying for a miracle.
--
To be continued ..
Vote & Comment 💋