Chapter Two

Chapter 2💸
Kai'ceonna

I walked the cold New York streets for two days before finally finding a decent shelter suitable for me and Aurei. She cried non-stop and I didn't have enough money for formula so I had to satisfy her with breast milk but it was wasn't much since I hadn't eaten in two days myself. I wanted to just lay on a bench and give up but something was telling me to hold on. Why would my mom choose a guy over blood? I hated her for that.
I walked back to the shelter we stayed in after getting my thoughts together. I was assigned a cot and snuggled with my baby before finally drifting off to sleep.
4:32am
I was sound asleep until Aurei began hollering waking everyone including myself up. She was wet and needed to be changed. As I changed her I realized I only had 2 diapers left and this wasn't even enough for the next 4 hours. "shit." I whispered to myself as I changed her and she settled back to sleep. I needed to find a job, quick.
**
The next morning, I didn't go to school and took Aurei to daycare. How was I gonna pay 25 dollars a week for daycare without my mom?
After I dropped her off, I went job searching and nobody was hiring. I managed to lee my head up high though. I kept walking until I passed the "Red Carpet" the hottest strip club in New York. I stood there thinking for a while, is it worth it? exposing myself for the money? At this point, anything will do to get me on my feet.
When I walked in the manager greeted me. I told her I needed this job and why without holding anything back. I'm sure she agreed to hire me on the spot because she felt sorry for me. but, it got me the job and that's all that mattered. We talked and the gave me a schedule. I was told I'd start tomorrow at 8pm. I smiled and left to go get Aurei.
When I got back to the shelter, I walked in to the desk. "Kai'ceonna Johnson." She lady looked up at me and noticeably faked a smile, "I'm sorry sweetheart. People were complaining about the baby keeping them up last night." Tears pushed the back of my eyes, I knew just what she meant. I grabbed our stuff and walked out. I was highly upset. I have to work tomorrow, I needed seep. But, where was my baby gonna lay her head? I went trying to search for another shelter but, no luck.
I had no where else to go until I came across this abandoned looking house. I slid down the side of the house. I held my baby close in my arms as I laid my head back on the brick wall. She didn't wake so I got some rest. I soon drifted to sleep deep in thought.

August
"C'mon we gotta make this last drop of the night." I said to my homie, Big D. We was packing in the car until, I was stopped in my tracks, "Shit, y'all go lemme hang back." I told the boys before the agreed and left. I noticed a girl laying on the side of the trap house. When I got closer I noticed she holding a baby, it was freezing out here and they were knocked out. I managed to carrying them both to my car and get them back to my place without waking them.

9am
Kai'ceonna
When I woke up I looked around for a minute realizing this isn't where I fell asleep. I sat up making sure Aurei was okay before getting up to explore and find out where I was. When I got down the hall I heard snoring, I followed the noise and matched the room. I hestitated before knocking, "Hello?"
A the snoring stopped and the knob turned. When the door opened, a tall Carmel guy with no shirt yawned, "Well, goodmorning." That's when I recognized his voice.
--
😘