Chapter Thirteen

Chapter 13 😋
August

I didn't know what to do or what to think, this what all my fault. "Yo, bruh you good?" Big D said as we rushed to the hospital. "Yeah. I'm good." He stopped and parked, "That's your girl?" I looked at him, dapping him up as I got out. "Not yet." He laughed and followed me in, "She ain't your girl and you stressing? Damn, B. What she do to you?" I could always count on Big D to make a nigga laugh at times like these.

"Kai'ceonn-" The nurse cut me off, "Room 334." I laughed, "How'd you know?" And of course Big D had the answer, "Whose else you know name Kai- the rest." I laughed, "But can you show us where that is cause I need a little help." Big D ass was hiting on the nurse. I looked at him like really nigga, "What? She finer than a bitch." He winked at her and shrugged at me. "Bring yo ass on." I told him walking off, he was a fool.

I rushed through the halls of the ER following the signs directing me to room 335. I could see Kai'ceonna laying in the bed and I knocked twice before letting myself in. "Kai. I'm so sorry." She had been hit in the shoulder. Pedro was aiming for the chest but, luckily missed. She sat up slowly, "It's okay, August. It's not servere. Why didn't you tell me you was a --"

"Shit, lemme go back down and holler at Alexus. The nurse." He backed up until he got to the door and left. I shook my head before getting back to Kai. "A dru--" She cut me off almost jumping from her seat, "WHERE IS AUREI? IS SHE OKAY? AUGUST, WHERE IS MY BABY?" She started yelling. I walked closer to her grabbing her hand, "Kai, chill out. She's with my mom. She a little soldier." I smiled. She looked like she'd calmed and caught her breath, "How'd you get her?"

"Pedro was playing games. and-" I was cut off by the doctor coming in. "Excuse me, Miss. Would you like to call up a parent or legal gaudian to have sign the documents for surgery to have the bullet removed?" She looked at him then, at me. "I'll go get mom to sign them." I lied. The doctor nodded and left. "August, you think that'll work?" I shrugged, "If it don't, i'll have to take that bitch out myself." I said causing her to laugh. "Boy, shut the hell up." She agreed to let my ma to try.

**

My ma wouldn't do it at first but, I got the twins to help me beg and she finaly went with it. She cussed me out a couple times on the way there but, she was happy to do it. Kai'ceonna was discharged from the hospital a few hours later, she was just told to take it easy. It was around 8 when they let her out so, i went to get her with the twins while, Ma stayed home to make dinner. "Careful, August." Heaven said as I tried to help Kai'ceonna to the car.She just laughed at the twins the whole way outside. They swear they somebody momma. "You gone open the door?" I looked at Na'vaeh. She laughed and grabbed Kai. "You supposed to be the gentelmen. Kai'ceonna should break up withchu." She laughed and high-fived Heaven. I sighed and opened the door.

Kai smirked trying not to laugh, "Thank you girls. Thank you, August."

When we got to the house Kai forgot all about her arm when she saw Aurei. "My baby!" She ran to her and hugged her, kissing her all over. "Can she breathe?" Heaven giggled. I laughed, "Shut up, munchkin." My momma said the food was ready and as we all know kids first but, as soon as she made Christian's plate and the girls grabbed thiers I was just about to go to work but, "AUGUST! Ladies first. Kai'ceonna hunny, you sit down August gone fix your plate. Here's Aurei's bottle. That should put her to sleep." She smiled at me and the girls laughed causing Christian to laugh too. He didn't even know what he was laughing for. I guess Kai thought this was funny too cause she was laughing with every one else. "Bump y'all." I laughed along.

I fix Kai'ceonna 's plate, let my mama get her's then finally getting my own. I sat at the table said my grace and dug in! "Damn, boy. Slow down." I love my mama. She took a bite from her food, "Kai, stay as long as you want." I liked the sound of that, Kai fine ass around my house was just what I needed. I smirked to myself. "You sure?" She asked as she fed Aurei with a still full plate in front of her. "Yes, Kai'ceonna. You're not going back there for a minute, okay? I want you to stay safe." Everyone looked my way, laughing. "Well, you can stay with August." I laughed, oops. Kai'ceonna looked at me and smiled, "Fine with me."

Soon, everyone finished thier plates and the girls left for their baths. "Bye, August!" They yelled as they ran upstairs. I kissed my ma on her cheek then went to crank up the car and get the kids settled in thier carseats in the car along with my big baby. When we got home, Aurei and Christian were asleep so, I settled them in the room and chilled downstairs with Kai.

"Why do you care so much?" She asked looking away from Being Mary Jane. I didn't know how to answer that but my heart burted out, "It's something about you that makes me want you." She raised her eyebrows, I'm guessing she was surprised. "Really?" I smirked, "Just wait, I'm gone show you."

We watched tv until she fell asleep on me. It was about 1am, I was about to doze off when I got a ring at the door. I got up and anwered it. "What's good, bruh?" It was Big D. "I almost forgot. I think you want to see this shit here." He shoved his hand in his jacket pocket pulling out some pictures. It was Kai'ceonna. "What the fuck?" I walked into the living room throwing this shit at her waking her up.
"You fucking setting me up?!"
--
How was this?
40+ votes for chapter 14 💯
10,15+ comments for chapter 14💸