Chapter Six

Chapter 6💎
August

I had never met somebody like her. She spoke her mind. She was so independent and got it on her own. She seemed different from these other females. I liked that.
She went to her purse to get money, "I got it." I said throwing a 50 on the table. She hesitated but, she got up as I did.
"What are you doing?" I asked as she looked like was about to start walking. "I'm about to go handle my business. Thank you August." I was about to just get in my car but one more thing, "Aye ma." she turned around, "What?" I smirked, "I didn't get your name." She smiled.

Kai'ceonna

"Kai'ceonna." I replied, I didn't even notice I hadn't told him my name.
I smiled and I was on my way. I walked about a mile to the apartment complex from the newspaper. "Hi ma'am." The lady at the front desk greeted me. "I'm interested in an 2 bedroom apartment." She nodded and smiled, "You must've seen our ad in the newspaper. We have two available right now. Would you like to check them out?" I smiled, "Yes." She grabbed the keys and she directed me to the third floor first.
They were pretty nice and the neighborhood wasn't that bad. "I want it." I told her as we headed back downstairs. She had me fill out some paperwork, I had to use my mom's information because of my age though. "We'll move you in Friday." We agreed.
**
It was only Wednesday so me and Aurei continued to stay at the hotel for the next two days. I went by Aurei's daycare to pay for the month and pick her up. I signed her out and gathered her stuff to go. "I haven't seen your mom in while." The lady smiled. I faked one back, "Yeah?" She scrunched her eyebrows, "How is she?" A lot of stuff went through my mind, I wanted to say I didn't know but I simply replied, "Fine." and grabbed Aurei's car seat.
It was about 6, I was hungry so I stopped by Zaxby's & grabbed a Big Zac Snak before heading back to the hotel. Walking through the alley was always the scariest part. It was always a lot of drug dealers and creeps walking through here. "Aye, Lil mama." I heard from behind me but I kept walking. I tried to speed up but he caught up with me. "Please, I need to get my baby home." I said looking down at Aurei. He smiled and I soon recognized him. It was Rodney, my mom's "new man".
My face went blank, "Where is my mom?!" I spat. He smirked, "Don't worry about her. I want to know about you," He bit his lip, "you like it from the front or the back?" I tried to turn around and make a run for it but he grabbed my arm. I squeezed my eyes closed, "Don't." I whispered. But, he wasn't listening. He continued, he grabbed my waist and picked me up causing me to drop Aurei's car seat. "No!" I yelled. I began screaming and fighting for my life. "Please!"

August
"Baby, won't you come my way / Got something I want to saaaay .." I blasted Fetty Wap through the New York streets. I was just cruising, taking the long way home when I stopped at a red light and I noticed something going on out of my window. I rolled it down and realized it was Kai'ceonna. I swerved and stopped my car in front of the alley. She was screaming and kicking. I tried to grab her, "Aye bruh, you want a turn?" the guy laughed as he held her over his shoulder. I knew he was drunk, I could smell the alcohol. I pulled the gun from my waist, "Let her go." I said holding it to his head. He started shaking before dropping her and making a run for it. I should've shot his ass but, that wasn't in my heart.
I quickly put the gun away and ran to Kai'ceonnna. Aurei was just laying in her car seat looking around. I smiled, "You're a soldier babygirl." I grabbed her first putting her in the car. Then I came back for Kai'ceonnna. She wasn't crying or moving. She just sat there curled up in a ball. I picked her up and took her to the car. I put her in along with her stuff and got in. That was the longest quiet ride home I had ever taken.
Before I could turn the car off, Kai'ceonnna got out first and grabbed Aurei. When I unlocked the door she walked in and went straight to the guest room I had her sleep in before. She closed the door behind her without saying a word. I didn't want to bother her, so I just let her be. I went to my room and showered before laying down. I turned on Netflix and watched Friday before I dozed off myself.
3am
I heard my door open and close. It was pitch dark in here and I couldn't see anyone. I, then felt someone crawl into my bed. "Hold me." they whispered. I knew exactly who it was by this time. I pulled her closer and held her just as she said. She began to cry into my chest. I just sat there silently, sometimes this is all a person needs.
--
Comment & Vote 💯
- August to the rescue ✊😋