Chapter Five

Chapter 5💎
Kai'ceonna

I was so sure she was his. I didn't know what to do. Honestly, I never saw a face to match the voice. I just .. I don't know. "I'm sorry." I whispered. I held Aurei in my arms as we pulled up to the hotel. He laughed, "I told you she wasn't mine." He took this shit as a joke and it pissed me off.
"You think this is a joke? Aurei don't have nobody but me. I'm all she need. Fuck you, August." I slammed the door as I got out and went in the hotel. I grabbed a current newspaper off the stand as I went up. I decided to go apartment looking tomorrow. I think found some apartments in my range. "thank you God." I said to myself, continuing to thank him for everything he had done.
**
I got Aurei ready and strapped her in her car seat. I sat it on the floor of the bathroom as I brushed my teeth and washed my face. I starred in the mirror at myself. I was loosing major weight. I only ate probably once a day. I had so much on my mind, I would forget to eat most of the time. I sighed and grabbed Aurei's car seat. I grabbed my purse and put my money in it and began walking out toward her daycare.
As I was walking, a black car pulled up on me. I didn't panic, I just kept walking. When they rolled down the window I realized it was August. What could he possibly want. "I never got your name." he said leaning out of the window. "Bye." I replied. He just looked at me and I kept walking. He followed me all the way to the daycare. I went in, signed Aurei in and came out. He was still here! "What?!" I yelled throwing my hands up. He clenched his jaw, "Come get breakfast with me."
I shifted all my weight to my left leg and crossed my arms. "You're an asshole." He yelled back, "Just get in the damn car. I know you hungry." I knew I was too. I sucked my teeth and gave in. The ride was completely silent until we walked into Waffle House. We seated ourselves and ordered drinks.
"Tell me." he said looking up from the menu at me. "Tell you what?" I played dumb. "What's wrong with you? Why you so .. mad?" I sighed, "That's none of your business." The waitress soon came back. I just sat there and starred at him order. I ain't gone lie, he was fine. Damn, caramel skin with tattoos all over and when he talked, his New Orleans accent hit you just as hard as his breath, Trident gum. I laughed to myself, "And for you ma'am?" the waitress asked. "Just a waffle and hash browns."

"I know its not my business but, I mean I wanna know." He said looking me dead in my eyes. I looked down at my hands and sighed, "Okay," I closed my eyes, "Early last year, I went to a party. It got really late and I hadn't noticed my so called friends had left me. I had no way home so. I had no choice but to walk. I was crossing through an alley when.."
Flashback
"Nigga, where my money?!" I heard yelling echoing through the alley. I tried to turn around and run but I hit a trash can. It made a loud noise causing the guy to shoot my way. I yelled and tried to run but I didn't get far. He grabbed my hair and dragged me back in the alley. I for sure thought I was gonna die. I screamed for help but nobody heard me.
"Turn around." He soon forced. I cried and cried as he proceeded to rape me as he held his gun to my head with every stroke.
End Of Flashback
"Damn." August was amazed. Tears filled my eyes at this point, "I was so sure it was you. I'm so sorry." The waitress sat our food down and he couldn't wait to dig in. "Don't worry about it." I shot him a fake smile and went to work on this food myself.
**
Kind of short , but Vote & COMMENT FEEDBACK 💯