Northern Air Temple pt 2

A/n: Thanks you guys for coming back to this chapter! I want to thank you guys for the 10k read along with getting the story to the big 11k reads! You guys don't have to continue reading this story after I kind of ditched this story after a couple of months and then some after. Thanks again for getting me to this new accomplishment and I hope you enjoy the chapter!!!

Now on with the story 😁!! 

"THIS IS A SACRED TEMPLE!!!"

Mechanist

I studied the boy that was standing a few meters away from me. The boy wore some loose fitted clothes that were simple, but effective for him to do anything. I also noticed the blue tattooed marks of an arrow placed on the boy's forehead and hands. He claimed to be the monks that used to inhabit this temples. How can he be or remember the monks when he looks no more older than my boy Teo?

"The monks?" I questioned. "But you're 12!!!"

"Dad, he's the Avatar!" Teo explained to me as he was rowing over to me. "He used to come here a hundred years ago,"

"What are you doing?" The Avatar boy fired as he was making his way towards me. "Who said you could be here?"

The girl with the wildly styled hair came over to the Avatar and placed her hands around the boy's shoulders to try and stop him from coming towards me which wasn't working. I can the anger growing in the boy's gray eyes. I instantly was taken back to the tragic day of when my home was burnt down.

"Hmmm... doing here... A long time ago, but not a hundred years, my people became refugees after a terrible flood," I explain the story to the Avatar and his friends while standing next to my son. "My infant son, Teo, was badly hurt and lost his mother. I needed somewhere to rebuild and I stumbled across this place. Couldn't believe it! Everywhere pictures of flying people. But empty! Nobody home! Then I came across these fan like contraptions!"

"Our gliders," The Avatar clarified with his arms crossed and glider in his arms.

 I was making the gesture that I saw in the painting of these people flying in they air. I used my hands to make the flutter motion of flying. I "flew" right in front of the Avatar and his friends. The Avatar had his arms crossed with a stern look on his face. 

"Yes, little light flying machine!" I exclaimed with a smile swinging my arm to show the Avatar my idea. "They gave me an idea! Build a new life for my son, in the air! Then everyone would be on equal ground"

 I walked over to the broken portion of the building and I happily pictured the vision I told the Avatar and his friends. 

 "We're just in the process of improving upon what's already here!" I informed the Avatar as I heard some sniffling coming from behind me. "And after all, isn't that what nature does?" 

 I turned around to face the Avatar and his friends to see that they were moved by my story expect for the Avatar and the girl with wildly styled hair. The Avatar had a puzzled look on his face as he walked towards me with a frown. 

 "Nature knows when to stop," The Avatar proclaimed looking at me then the broken foundation he used to know. 

 "I suppose that's true," I replied sadly looking down at my hands. "Unfortunately progress has a way of getting away from us,"

 Speaking of progress, I thought about the time. I looked at my makeshift clock to tell the time. 

 "LOOK AT THE TIME!!!" I yelled in shocked pointing over to the clock. 

 I snapped my head over to my building team and see that they were looking a bit dazed. When my eyes met my team, they instantly got back out of their dazed eyes and went back to work.