Avatar?

"We're looking for the Avatar"

Next day, morning: Katara

It was the morning after the uncomfortable conversation with Tsukkio and Sokka. The words Tsukkio said last night still gave me chills. I didn't know that Tsukkio was feeling that way about Sokka. I guess I should have known after Tsukkio's dramatic emotional and behavioral shift. The rays of the sun hit my face as I stretched my body, ready to start my day. Today Sokka will be fishing for fish while Tsukkio and I are going to accompany him. Since last night was a big family flop, I'm sure Tsukkio will not be joining Sokka and me in the canoe ride today. So much for trying to get Sokka and Tsukkio back into the sibling relationship. Around the side of the house, I heard the sound of something scratching accompanying by a grunting noise. I peeked my head and noticed that it was Tsukkio.

Tsukkio was sitting in the snow with her legs bent and crossing over the other. In her hands was the whale tooth scimitar Dad used to use to cut or butcher the seal meat. The scimitar had a gigantic whale tooth that curved to the side. Attached, the end of the curved tooth, was a wooden stick with a ball of ashy gray wool. The rod was wrapped in the blue cloth of the Water Tribe. It is perfect for close-range attacks since it such a deadly weapon when it connects to its target. Then Tsukkio moved to sharpen her arrows for her bows. Tsukkio's face held an intense expression of concentration as she was sharping her arrowhead. Tsukkio held the arrowhead to the light of the sun with her left eye squinting. Once she was satisfied with the arrow, she went to a different shaft beginning the process over again.

"Katara, you can come out, I know you're there," Tsukkio announced sounding unfazed.

How did she know I was here? Couldn't I be too far out for her to see me?

"How did you know I was there?" I asked, stepping out entirely in the full view of Tsukkio wasn't even getting me her attention expect to her arrow.

"The Moon told me you were watching me," Tsukkio replied, glancing at me with her blue eyes looking sharp as ice.

"So Tsukkio, little sister I-" I was cut off by Tsukkio.

"I'm not going fishing with you and Sokka," Tsukkio replied, sharping her arrowheads. "I have more important things to do,"

"What do you have planned so suddenly?"

Tsukkio abruptly stopped fine-tuning her arrows. She set her pointer in the snow and shifted herself to the side to fully see me. Tsukkio placed her hands on her knees, with her eyes still cold as ever.

"The villagers told me that they ran out of seal meat, so I'm going seal hunting while you guys fish," Tsukkio replied, picking up another arrowhead and got the scimitar Dad has given her.

"Alright, I see you still have Dad's whale tooth scimitar," I said with a little smile.

"That's the only thing I have from him just how you have mom's necklace,"

I held my head down with that statement. I lightly graze our mother's necklace. The Moon, please rest her soul.

"Come on, Katara, the canoe is ready," Sokka called out to me.

"I'm coming to Sokka!" I replied, walking over to Sokka, but stopped to watch Tsukkio.

"Hey, Tsukkio, are you coming too?" Sokka called out with regret in his eyes.