The Past Can Heal & It Can Come Back

A/n: Thanks for the 3k reads and let's continue with this journey! (More words of gratitude at the end of the chapter!)

"If I tell you what happened that day, I need to tell you the beginning ..."

Katara

Tsukkio sat by the fire with her knees to her chest. Her blue eyes glowed under the orange, yellow, and red burning ember of the flame as she stared blankly at the fire. Silent tears were gliding down Tsukkio's cheeks as her quiet tears hit my clothed shoulder. Sokka sat next to Tsukkio with his arms around her. I was next to Tsukkio as well sitting on the other side with my hand placed on Tsukkio's dark hair, softly petting her head which calmed her down. Aang sat on the other side of the fire watching sadly as I can tell he didn't know what to do in this situation and neither did I. I knew the meaning behind Tsukkio's apology. She was saying sorry for getting mom killed, she still thinks it's her fault for that awful day. I have never seen Tsukkio cried in the last couple of years let alone mourn the death of our mother. May I reminded you once our mother was dead, so was the happy little sister I knew and love which now took the place of a broken girl.

"I-I'm sorry," Tsukkio said again for the first time in a long.

The popping of the campfire was the only noise that sounded through the quiet, dark, and starry night sky. Sokka and I both looked at each other. We talked about it before and we knew this day was coming. I remembered the words that left Sokka's lips that day, "The day Tsukkio start mourning mom, she will probably have her tough girl attitude level on ten,". Well like always Sokka you were wrong and I was right, Tsukkio will be broken, she is broken. The tough girl that's been acting like nothing bothered her is shattered and I get to see how she truly felt that day.

"You don't have to say sorry Tsukkio," I continued to pet Tsukkio's head. "You was just a kid when it happened ...... we all were just kids,"

"Don't lie, Katara, I knew you were upset with me too," Tsukkio sniffled.

"I was never mad at you, I was mad that the firebender that took our mother's life right in front of you and me,"

Tsukkio quickly lifted her head from my shoulder and escaped my hand from petting her head even further. This surprised Sokka as he was snapped out of his thoughts to look at our little sister with bewilderment. Tsukkio was on her feet looking down at Sokka and me as more silent tears were coming down her cheeks.

"I know at some point you felt that way about me, Katara, I KNOW SOKKA FEEL THAT HATRED TOWARDS ME, HE'S BEEN FEELING THAT FOR SO LONG!!!!"

I can hear the roaring of the river from the distance and Tsukkio's eyes were white as snow. I looked over at Sokka hoping he will tell Tsukkio how he truly felt or diffuse her from flooding our campsite. I want this silent burning fused between the two to be over once and for all. But Sokka, he just looked the other way without saying anything. I want things to slowly be back to normal between all of us. It seems I have to wait a little bit longer.

"See Katara, I told you Sokka hates me and I don't blame him," Tsukkio cried as water douses on the campfire and the campsite itself.

Once the water splashed on me and everything around me, I was going to tell Tsukkio to calm down and talk to Sokka, but Tsukkio vanished. I swiftly got on my feet dripping wet searching around the dark woods for my little sister, but she was nowhere to be found.

"She's didn't have to soak us with her extra powerful magical water!" Sokka exclaimed shaking the water off of him.

I grabbed Sokka's feet pulling his face close to mine. I gritted my teeth at the fact Sokka had the nerve to make a joke when our little sister is out there in the night alone in her thoughts. Sokka gasped at the abrupt shock of me grabbing his shirt and our eyes met: his shock and scared blue eyes staring into mine highly upset blue eyes.