52 🌈 Caleb, The Desperate

🌈🌈🌈

Natulos si Caleb sa kinatatayuan. Maria said worse things before. She called him bad names before. Yet, those times, she had no tears.

Those times, he didn't break her heart.

He felt like choking. He wanted to move his feet but couldn't. Hindi nga niya magawang tawagin ito.

Matalino siya. Pero sa pagkakataong iyon wala siyang maisip na kasinungalingan para makalusot.

Hell, he doesn't even want to lie anymore.

Ilang segundo pa ang dumaan, nakahuma si Caleb. He heard rustles of paper. Lumipat ang tingin niya sa loob ng library.

Sa ngayon ay bumalik na sa pagbabasa ng dokyumento ang kanyang ama. Siguradong nakita nito an nangyari dahil bukas ang pinto. Yet, his father acted like it was nothing.

Caleb slowly traced his steps back in the library. "Sinadya mo 'yon 'di ba?" mahinang tanong niya.

"Yes," anito, hindi man lang nag-aksaya ng panahong magsinungaling o sulyapan siya. "Inutusan ko si Frederick na ipasunod si Maria, paghintayin sa labas."

That's why his father told him to let the door open. It was all in the plan.

"Why Sir?" Nagsimula siyang manginig. Deep anger started to boil inside him.

Sa wakas, ibinaba nito ang hawak. He looked at Caleb with disappointed eyes. "You fell too deep son. That's not how business works."

Totoo ang sinasabi nito. Kung dati niya iyon narinig, sasang-ayon siya rito. But he's not just the old Caleb. He was something more now. And the one who taught him that, ran away from him.

Caleb looked at Henry Montreal.

The man in front of him is his father by blood.

Caleb wanted to destroy him completely.

"One day," he said calmly, yet his eyes said the otherwise. "I'll destroy everything that you built. I'll trample you... Dad. And when nothing's left for you... I'll laugh so hard and leave you to rot. I'll show you how business really works."

Hindi niya hinintay ang sagot nito. He was already at the top of the stairs when his father called him. "You don't speak to me like that!" he heard.

Tumakbo siya pababa, ang direksyon ng tinakbo ni Maria. Sa pinakahuling palapag nakarinig siya ng makina ng sasakyan.

His mind went blank and raced out of the house. Natagpuan niya si Maria sa labas ng gate umiiyak sa dibdib ni George.

The heavy feeling was added with jealousy. It was not the right time, but he felt more desperate if it was even possible.

"Maria—"

Sinalubong siya ng kamao ni George. "As her guardian, I gave you a chance boy. You blew it."

At pinapasok si Maria sa sasakyan. He got up but she was already inside the car. It sped away.

He was left alone in the middle of the street, with an aching jaw and an aching chest.

Sh*t, he thought desperately. Marahas niyang naisuklay ang buhok. Sa kabila niyon, nakarinig siya ng click ng camera. Not far from the gate, a lone paparazzi was continually clicking his camera towards him.

"Ano po bang nangyari Mr. Montreal?" anito, tuwang tuwa sa malaking scoop.

So there was still a paparazzi left. Sa kabila ng paghihigpit, nakapasok pa rin ito. Nagdilim ang paningin niya.

Lumapit siya, mabigat ang mga hakbang. When the man realized his killing intent, he took a step back and tried to run away.

Too late. Caleb grabbed his shirt. Nawalan ito ng balanse, natumba sa sidewalk.

Caleb didn't think of the consequence. He pulled the man's camera and hit the ground an inch away from the paparazzi's face, many times.

Marahil ay dala ng gulat iyon dahil muntik natamaan ang mukha nito, o marahil dahil sa matinding galit sa mukha niya, natulos ito sa kinahihigaan habang siya ay patuloy na hinampas ang camera sa aspalto. He didn't even bother a part of his hand was bleeding too.

Then he stood, still holding the camera and entered the house without a word.

🌈🌈🌈

What do you think will happen next? :)

Ellena Odde ♥