60 🌈 Caleb, The Patient

🌈🌈🌈

A moment of silence passed. It was just silence different from the years of estrangement. Tahimik lang na hawak ni Mia ang kamay ni Caleb may payapang ngiti sa labi.

There were no talking about the past or plans for the future. It was the moment of now.

At ilang minuto ang dumaan, nakarinig sila ng katok mula sa bintana. "Mon-Mon?"

Nagkatinginan sila ni Mia. "Maria?"

"Yeah."

Agad na hinawi niya ang bintana. Tumambad ang mukha ni Maria, magulo ang buhok at mamula-mula ang pisngi. Nagmadaling binuksan ni Mia ang bintana.

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" bulyaw ni Caleb nang nakababa na ito.

Ikinagulat iyon ng ina, pero sa Maria ay tila naglilinis lang ng tenga.

"May pinto, d*mn it!" He doesn't want to think how did she climb up the windows to whatever floor they are in.

"Pero kung dadaanan ako sa entrance ng hospital, maraming naghihintay ng reporters. Wala akong choice."

How in the hell does one climb all the windows without getting killed or being discovered? But he already moved on from the question.

The peace ended. Now a storm has entered his room, a storm he greatly welcomes.

"Hi," bati nalang niya, pakiramdam ay muling bumukas ang tahi ng sugat sa likod.

Nagliwanag ang mukha nito, kumaway at magalang na bumati kay Mia. Mia then excused herself, gave them privacy.

Maria then told him that George placed a GPS on all her shoes too, kaya agad itong nakaresponde.

"Mabuti nalang umabot siya."

"Kung wala si George, susulong ka pa rin bang mag-isa para tulungan ako?" tanong ni Caleb.

"No," anito, "I mean, that's stupid." She then thought for a moment. "Pero mag-iisip ako ng paraan at ililigtas kita." Then she grinned, palms on his cheeks, "promise!"

However, Caleb noticed her hands started to tremble against his face. Agad namang binawi iyon ni Maria at itinago sa likod nito.

"W-Wow," she said, stuttering.

"Hey, are you okay?" he asked, worried.

"Mon-Mon..."

Her eyes started to turn glassy from the swelling tears. She looked at him helplessly.

"What? Say it d*mn it!"

"Sa totoo lang... takot na takot ako. Takot na takot ako nun..."

Nagsimulang mag-alpasan ang luha nito at nanghihinang umupo sa tabi niya.

"You were? Wait, isn't it a late reaction? You're one day late to be crying now!"

"Yeah!" she said, wiping the tears, but it didn't stop. To him, it looked liked it fell more. "I-I mean, it was supposed to be me, but you saved me first. Then they hit you, and you went boom and... and... I was actually really hungry... and, you looked pathetic right now... I wanna kiss you so bad."

Imbes na pigilan ito, hindi umimik si Caleb. He too, covered his eyes with his arms and cried silently. He was glad it was over, Maria is safe.

"Then kiss me," he finally said. "Maria, please kiss me."

She did so, like flash of lightning her lips and his connected.

Ngunit sa kabila ng pagsabog ng kalabog sa dibdib niya, at ang pag-init ng mga mata niya sa nagbabadyang luha, napagtanto ni Caleb na kulang siya sa proper hygiene.