Living Quarters II

House Rules

Seo Jun and Hyun Joo looks at each with a hateful expression on their faces. They were both siting at the dining table waiting for Mrs Han to come as she promise Seo Jun an explaination.

"So, you're Mrs Han's son?"
"Yes and you're Gowoon's tutor?" she nods at his question. "Was, not anymore" she continues "Why are you moving out again?"
"I'm making a deb... On second thought, this is none of your business" he said.

After a few minutes of awkward silence, there was a knock on the door. Seo Jun quickly got up on his feet and open the door to reveal Mrs Han with Gowoon by her side. "Unnie!" Gowoon ran past through Seo Jun and into Hyun Joo's arm. "I miss you"

"I miss you too, Gowoon-ah" Hyun Joo said while kissing her forehead. "How have you been?"
"I'm doing great." She said with a smile on her face.

"Eomma, you wanna explain this?" Seo Jun said while crossing his arm facing Mrs Han.

"Alright, alright" she said before closing the door and leading her son to the living room of the apartment. She took a sit next to Gowoon while Seo Jun sit infront of her which is beside Hyun Joo. Hyun Joo gave him a side eye which make him roll his eyes at her.

"You can only move out if you agree to stay with Hyun Joo" Mrs Han said out of nowhere.

"Mwo?" Seo Jun and Hyun Joo said at the same time. They look at each other for a few seconds before turning back to Mrs Han.

"Ah-nee, what does she have to do with this?"
"Mrs Han, I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to live with your son"

Seo Jun scoffs and said "You think I want this?"
"I'm sorry but this is my house"
"I remember paying half the deposit so this is my house too"

"Okay, okay" Mrs Han said loud enough to make them stop fighting. "For now there's nothing we can do Seo Jun-ah. Like you said you already paid for the deposit so you have no choice but to stay here for now" Seo Jun look at his mom then he turn to Gowoon. "Don't look at me, this wasn't my idea" she said with her arms up.

"Plus your debut is just in a few days, do you really have time to find for another one?" Mrs Han continues while reaching for his hand. He took her hands before looking into her eyes. "Are you sure this is your only intention?" Mrs Han turn to Hyun Joo ignoring the question. "Can you do me a favour, Hyun Joo?"

Hyun Joo took a glance at Seo Jun before turning her head looking at Mrs Han. Mrs Han has help her a lot when she was having a hard time. Turning down the favour would make her feel guilty as she owes Mrs Han so much. She gave one more thought before agreeing to do it.
"Fine, I'll do it"

"Wait, why are you asking her? How about me?"
"I told you that this is the condition" Mrs Han said to Seo Jun.
"You mean I have to live with her?" Seo Jun said pointing a finger at Hyun Joo.

"You do know I'm older than you, right?" Hyun Joo said holding his finger. Seo Jun pull away his finger while rolling his eyes at her.

"I'm gonna make dinner before I go" Mrs Han said standing up.

"Let me help you, Mrs Han" Hyun Joo stands up and hugs Mrs Han's arm before following her to the kitchen.

"Just so you know, mom is trying to set you up with Hyun Joo unnie" Gowoon said before trailing of to the kitchen.

"Great, just what I thought" Seo Jun said silently.

-

"Thank you for dinner, Mrs Han"

"See you again, eomma"

"Bye, guys. Take good care of each other." Mrs Han said before leaving them with Gowoon by her side. Gowoon waves goodbye at them while walking away with her mother.

Seo Jun closes the door before Hyun Joo could step in since she was standing outside.

"Yah!" She shouted as soon as he slammed the front door right at her face. She sighs before keying the passcode of the apartment.

"Rude" she said to him as soon as she step into the apartment. He blurted out his tongue at her before attempting to go to his room. Hyun Joo ran and stood infront of him blocking his way.

"Mwo-ya?" Seo Jun said to her.

"How about we set up some house rules?" Hyun Joo suggest an offer.

"House rules?" Seo Jun thinks for a while before agreeing to the offer.

"I'll get my whiteboard"
"You have a whiteboard?" Seo Jun asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I used to tutor my students but not anymore since I got full time job at Heavenly Magazine"
"Right, tutor" Seo Jun proceed to take a seat on the couch of the living room. Hyun Joo rolls out her white board to the center of living room blocking the television.

She drew a vertical line on the center of the whiteboard while writing her name on the left side and Seo Jun's name on the other side. She hands him another marker and said "You write yours and I'll write my conditions. Then, we can crossed out unnecessary one"

Seo Jun took one last glance at her before taking the marker from. "This is not gonna look good" he continues while walking towards the board.

"Well, obviously. I mean what do you expect?" she replies to him

-

"Ju-in nim?" (master)
"Do you have a problem with that?" Hyun Joo said crossing her arms. Seo Jun looks up as he was frustated by her conditions.
"So, that's how you want to play? Fine!"

Hyun Joo
- Use formalities (example: ju-in nim or noona)
- Do not come home in a drunken state.
- Wash your own clothes and dishes.
- Practices are not allowed (example: singing practices)

Seo Jun
- Mind your own business. Meaning don't talk to me when there are no important things.
- I get to use the bathroom first; every morning.
- Wear full closure pajamas. (NO SHORTS)
- No friends are allowed.

"Why do you care what I wear?" Hyun Joo said with a side eye.

"It's not pleasurable to my eyes" Seo Jun replied. "And why can't I practice my singing?" he continues.

"It's not pleasurable to my ears" she said smirking at him. He scoffs at her words.

"So we're starting this now?" Seo Jun asked.

"We'll start doing this tomorrow"

"Right"