Chap 3: Flustered

They were sitting on the sofa in the dormitory lobby. They were both drinking their water and awkwardly glancing at each other.

"Uh" "Uh"

"What do you want to say Yanfei? You can start first" Hu Tao as she fiddled with her fingers due to nervousness.

"Ah uhm, is fine you can say what you want to say first"

"So, how was the new school after you left my school" Hu Tao asked, still avoiding eye contact with Yanfei.

"Uhm, it was okay I guess. I had no friends majority of the time. I did make one like at the end of primary school. He's a dude and his name is Xingqiu" Hu Tao just nodded to show Yanfei she was listening.

"Where is the dude now?"

"He's studying literature in this school now. You'll see him once in awhile in my dorm because we both do Literature too" Hu Tao gave Yanfei a reaction.

"Wait a dude in your dorm, is that not weird.." Yanfei narrowed her eyebrows but then realised what Hu Tao meant which made her let out a small laugh.

"Oh, he's gay. He's in a relationship with a guy but I'm not sure who he is. I think is Chong something I don't know but yea" Hu Tao somehow felt relieved because of that which made herself confuse.

"By the way Yanfei, you look pretty" Yanfei head turned to Hu Tao. huh?

"Oh thank you, you too I guess..." Yanfei said sheepishly as she look away from Hu Tao. Hu Tao smiled a little before she stood up and threw away the can of soda into the rubbish bin.

"Where are you going Hu Tao?" Yanfei said as she threw the can of drink as well.

"I need to head home, is already 6 pm. Is nice meeting you again Yanfei!" Hu Tao said as she gave Yanfei another big hug. Yanfei this time hugged back a little since she was still flustered over the compliment Hu Tao gave.

"Okay then, see you tomorrow Hu Tao, bye!" Yanfei said as she waved Hu Tao goodbye. Hu Tao smiled and waved back before she went back to her dorm to take her things and leave the building.

Yanfei strolled down the hallway, still feeling flustered over it. She opened the door to her room and laid down, her face facing the wall. She stared at the wall for god knows how long. All Yanfei remembered was feeling so over the moon because finally, after years, they reunited. She's happy she's back with her friend again.

Yanfei stood up from her bed and brushed her teeth, closed the lights before going to bed to sleep.

**

It was the next day. The whole day, Hu Tao have not seen Yanfei. It felt weird. So right after Law Class, she went to Yanfei dorm. She thought maybe buying a snack ot two would be okay so she bought snacks before heading to the dorm.

She knocked on the door three times, no answer.

She was not sure if Yanfei was inside anyways. She knocked again but at the second knock the door slowly opened. When Hu Tao opened the door, she saw Yanfei and she looks like as if she was about to die.

"Yanfei? Why do you look like that?" Hu Tao said rushing to Yanfei room.

"I don't feel so well suddenly in the morning.." Hu Tao worried expression plastered all over her face. She told Yanfei to get back to bed and rest as she gets water for Yanfei. Hu Tao opened the fridge door to see a carton of milk still opened somehow. She took it and saw the expiry date. That idiot probably drank this, she thought to herself. The milk was already spoilt. She took it and brought it to Yanfei.

"Did you drink this??" Hu Tao said as she show her the milk to her face.

"I did not know it was spoiled..." Yanfei said nervously. Hu Tao poked Yanfei forehead and told her to check before drinking the milk. She went out of the dorm and threw it away. When Hu Tao enter the room, she saw Yanfei half asleep eating the snacks Hu Tao bought.

"You know if you are tired you can sleep you know?" Hu Tao said as she walk up to the water dispenser to get water for Yanfei.

"Oh, I'll sleep then..." Yanfei said sleepily. She was tired from everything. She always overworked herself and she barely get any sleep at time to time. Hu Tao handed Yanfei the cup of water and Yanfei drank it.

"Thanks Hu Tao" she said before handing back the empty cup. Yanfei laid on the bed and positioned herself to get herself comfortable. In 5-10 minutes, she was already dozing off. Hu Tao was on the floor siting down as she eat chips and scroll through her phone. She looked up to check on Yanfei and she saw her already asleep.
Get a good rest Yanfei!

Hu Tao was still scrolling through her phone when she suddenly got a low battery notification. She sighed to herself because she realised she did not bring her power bank here. Her last solution was to borrow Yanfei's charger. She looked around the room and found the charger still plugged onto the wall. The one problem was the charger was beside Yanfei and in order to take it out she had to be over Yanfei. Thinking about it made Hu Tao a little doubtful. Yanfei could wake up in the middle of Hu Tao trying to take the charger. But she could not care less, she stood up from the floor and went for the charger.

Her chest was above Yanfei face and Hu Tao only aim was to get that charger.

"Why is it too, ugh. Get out" Hu Tao groaned as she tried to unplug it. She was probably too loud which caused Yanfei suddenly gain consciousness. Yanfei slowly opened her eyes to see, Hu Tao chest above her face!!!??!!

"Hu Tao! What are you doing!?" Yanfei squealed as her eyes widened in shock.

"Wait, Yanfei!?" Hu Tao got off the bed and went to sit down on the floor as she covers her face. Yanfei covered her face with her palms as well.

"What were you doing..." Yanfei said nervously as she slowly her back up to sit down.

"Is not how it looks like okay. I wanted to take the charger beside you there that was plugged on the wall okay..." Hu Tao sulked.

"You could've asked me??"

"You were sleeping peacefully, I'm sorry!!" Hu Tao said as she got closer to Yanfei still sulking.

"Uhhh" Yanfei was trying her best not to get flustered over what just happened.
What the hell.....

***

A/N: LOL okay yas. idk there's nothing much to say. hope you guys are liking it 💪💪💪. This ff might be idk, 12 chap long?? I don't want to stretch this out so long so yea imma make sure is short and sweet. okay cya on the next author note ig eheheheh.