Chap 12: i've found it

"Uh, it is really hard to explain what really happened, uhm.." Hu Tao said as she scratched the back of her neck. She glanced at Xiangling who had an obvious expression plastered all over her face- curiosity. Hu Tao did not know where to begin. Well of course she was going to start off with the beach event.

"Maybe it was just me but the way Yanfei acted around when we went to the beach together was a little odd. She was really awkward with me or something like that and that's so not her. Ah! Yes the bed incident" Hu Tao said as she straightened her posture as she spoke.

"What do you mean by bed incident.." Xiangling said as she stared at Hu Tao and again in that curios- 'want to know more' face. Hu Tao tried to recall everything the last time before explaining. While trying to form words in her head about what to say, she blushed slightly. She did not know if she was embarrassed or flustered by it but all she knew was that she was definitely turning redder and redder as she thought.

"Aaaaaa I woke up being on top or more like cuddling with her!" Hu Tao spitted out. She was so embarrassed she covered her face with her palms. Xiangling just let out a small chuckle as she looked at the embarrassed and flustered Hu Tao.

"Anything else?" Xiangling asked. Hu Tao thought back again and realised there was one specific moment that she could not forget despite how much Yanfei wants her to forget about.

"Uhm, Yanfei said she likes me when we were going back home from the grocery store. But for some reason after she said that, she told me to forget about it?" Hu Tao explained as she scratched the back of her neck.

"What are you going to do about it? Are you sure you are going to let this go?!" Xiangling said as she hit Hu Tao's back. Hu Tao knew what Xianling meant. Of course she's not going to let this go. She's going to ask Yanfei.

"Go ask Yanfei out during the end of year party idiot"

"I already told you I'm too scared to do that!" Hu Tao said it in a shouting-whisper way.

"Who thought Ms Bold would be scared of this type of stuff?" Xiangling said sarcastically. Hu Tao pouted slightly.

"Fine, maybe I'll ask her out during the end of year party.." Hu Tao said shyly as Xiangling cheered for her.

**

It was two days before the party. Everyone was preparing themselves for sort of the big day— the most memorable time of the year for almost everyone. Today's class was rather more relaxing than usual. Hu Tao and Yanfei as always, sitting together as they had long conversations between each other. Hu Tao felt like it was only the two of them. Hu Tao sometimes forgets that there are other people in the room as well. She could've just given Yanfei one small peck on her cheeks. Yanfei was so adorable when she was talking. Hu Tao was love struck.

"Hu Tao, where are you going?" Class ended and Hu Yao quickly packed her stuff to leave the classroom, sort of leaving Yanfei out. It disappointed Yanfei slightly. Yanfei did not want to be separated from Hu Tao at all.

"Oh uhm, I'm going to the mall real quick to grab some stuff," Hu Tao said nervously as she slowly turned to Yanfei.

"Can I join you?" Yanfei said. It was a bit embarrassing to Yanfei. She hoped she did not show Hu Tao the clingy side of hers. This was Hu Tao's plan; she wanted to go to the mall to get a present for Yanfei. She still doesn't know what to give her but she hopes that she ends up finding something that Yanfei might like. Hu Tao nodded and Yanfei ran up to her and they went to the mall together.

**

The mall was really crowded. Since it was the Christmas time of the year, everyone was busy finding gifts for their loved ones. Believe it or not, this might be Hu Tao's and Yanfei's first Christmas together. When they were little kids, they never really spent time together during the holidays. They only see each other during school hours. Hu Tao wanted to make their first one the one they will never forget.

Both of them were looking around. They walked past almost all the stores since there was nothing that really caught their attention— until this one store. It was a jewellery store. Yanfei loved it. Everything inside that store was to her liking. It was so simple yet pretty.

"Can we go there please?" Yanfei pleaded to Hu Tao. Hu Tao nodded and Yanfei grabbed her hand and pulled it with her. Hu Tao froze for a second from the sudden gesture of hers. She did like it. She wanted to hold Yanfei and embrace the women at the very moment, but of course she could since they were in public and since it might make Yanfei uncomfortable. When they entered the store, Yanfei let go of Hu Tao's hand which made her a little sad since she likes Yanfei's touch. Both roamed around the store to see what they liked and Yanfei seemed to find something that caught her eyes. It was a watch that looked like a bracelet. There was a slight pink colour here and there too. Yanfei looked at it in awe but she was gripping on her bag? Hu Tao walked towards Yanfei and she looked away from the watch and acted as if she was just looking around.

"Hu Tao, let's go!" Yanfei said as she glanced at Hu Tao.

"Uh wait you go first, I have something I want to buy something," Hu Tao said as she walked away from Yanfei. Yanfei got out of the store and waited outside for Hu Tao.

"Hey Yanfei, I'm back!" Hu Tao said as she waved to Yanfei. Yanfei waved back.

"What did you end up buying?" Yanfei asked as she looked at the paper bag. Hu Tao brought the bag away from Yanfei and grinned slightly.

"Stuff I guess.." Hu Tao said sheepishly. Both of them then continued to go around the mall.

I've found the present!

***

A/N: hi.... how is everyone doing.. i hope good.. i'm back from the dead. i'm so sorry........... 💔