Chap 15: i love you

A/N: i would recommend you to listen to Old Love by Yuji or Mahika by adie when reading this chapter 😋😋. and perfect by 1D perhaps

***

She will never get tired over this sight, Hu Tao sleeping soundly in front of her. She got out of the bed carefully to not wake up the big baby.

She went to kitchen to get a glass of water and some medicine to help Hu Tao with her headache once she wakes up all sobered up.

Yanfei recalls back whatever Hu Tao said last night and it made her heart flutter so much. She heard some rustling on the bed which probably could mean that Hu Tao just woke up. She walked towards the bed direction to see Hu Tao sitting up looking like a mess, a cute mess.

"Hey Hu Tao. Is everything okay? I brought you some medicine and water if you're having a headache. If you are hungry we can maybe order some food?" Yanfei said as she put down the glass of water and medicine on the night stand. Hu Tao still kept quiet. Yanfei tried to figure out what Hu Tao was feeling at the moment but she could not. Maybe she still look really sleepy.

"Yanfei," that startled Yanfei a little. Yanfei hummed slightly as she sat beside her on the bed facing her.

"Uhm did i perhaps said anything weird last night?" Yanfei looked at Hu Tao before looking away. At some point they would have to talk about their feelings. It can't be avoided. Yanfei sighed. Yanfei thought it was best if she brought up about what happened last night.

"Last night.." why did Yanfei feel so scared about bringing it up now. She was the one who said to talk it out once both parties were sober.

"You said you loved me, not in a friend way," Yanfei said as she fiddled with her fingers nervously. She hates this feeling.

"Oh," Hu Tao let out. Yanfei did not dare to look up. She can't stand to look at Hu Tao knowing that she might've regretted saying that. She hates this so much.

"First of all i'm sorry," That was it. That was all it takes to for Yanfei's heart to sink and shatter into a million pieces. She didn't realise she was crying. Tears were suddenly running. As soon as she realised she quickly wiped her tears before Hu Tao could see it. Hu Tao may be sleepy but Hu Tao is not blind. She quickly noticed the tear drops on the bed and she looked up to see Yanfei wiping her tears away.

"Yanfei wha- what's wrong?" Hu Tao panicked a little before moving closer to Yanfei to look at Yanfei properly.

"If you're gonna say you regretted saying I love you, don't say it. leave instead please," Yanfei said as she continued crying.

"What are you talking about? Noo," Hu Tao said as she hugged Yanfei. She circled Yanfei's back to calm Yanfei down. Yanfei cried harder when she leaned against Hu Tao, her head on resting on Hu Tao's shoulder.

"What are you talking about Yanfei? I do not regret saying I love you to you. I in fact do love you very much,

Not in a friend way, in a romantic way."

Yanfei didn't realise she was holding in her breathe but after Hu Tao said that she let out a satisfied sigh. Yanfei crying died down and Hu Tao was still hugging her.

"Yanfei are you okay now?" Hu Tao asked as she looked at Yanfei. Yanfei nodded shyly, avoiding Hu Tao's gaze. Hu Tao realised and started to whine a little.

"Awh come on look at meeee," Hu Tao whined. Yanfei chuckled slightly, now smiling ear to ear. The atmosphere was now less tense. Their feelings are mutual, everything felt alright and nice.

Hu Tao gently held Yanfei's face so that she could make Yanfei face her. They were looking at each others eye with love. They've done something like this before yet this felt so different. It felt unfamiliar yet familiar. These feelings are something new that they want to learn more about.

"Uhm i think i should ask this properly," Yanfei looked at her in an attentive way, signalling Hu Tao to continue.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend?" Hu Tao said before breaking the eye contact and looking at everything else except for the beautiful girl in front of her. Yanfei noticed how nervous Hu Tao was. It was cute to her.

"I don't know, should i?" Yanfei teased as she acts as if she was thinking hard for an answer.

"Please don't do this to me Yanfei my heart is too weak for this," Hu Tao said as she sulked. Yanfei laughed and took Hu Taos face so that Hu Tao would look at her.

"Of course i will be your girlfriend," Yanfei said as she smiled from ear to ear. Hu Tao was really relief when she finally heard Yanfei's answers. She smiled at Yanfei before bringing Yanfei into a tight hug.

"I love you so much Yanfei thank you for letting me be your girlfriend." Hu Tao said sincerely. Hu Tao quickly moved away and looked at Yanfei once again.

"So like can we—" before Hu Tao finished she felt something warm and soft on her lips and before she knew it the feeling disappeared. She looked at Yanfei and blinked multiple to make sure she was not dreaming.

Did she just KISSED ME?????????

"Kiss? Was that what you wanted to say? Mhmmmm?" Yanfei teased Hu Tao as she chuckled looking at Hu Taos lost and frozen face.

"Wait what! No fair. I was caught off guard. I was not prepared for that at all.." Hu Tao sulked. Pouty Hu Tao to Yanfei is so cute.

"Can we kiss agai—" before Hu Tao could finish she was silenced by Yanfei's finger.

"Not now Hu Tao. I still have classes to go to. I need to go get ready, bye!" Yanfei said as she left Hu Tao alone feeling satisfied.

"One day after new years????" Hu Tao asked in a way where it sounded shock and mad.

"I'm a busy student!" Yanfei shouted from afar.

"Yanfei!!!!!!" Yanfei giggled hearing Hu Tao. Everything feels great. Their feelings are mutual, what a great way to start the year.

***

A/N: I think 1-2 more chapters before i'm officially done with this story!!!!! I hope everyone is having a good day. MUAH