Chap 6: Summer

From days to weeks. From weeks to months. Hu Tao finally lost feelings for Yanfei. It took her a long time but she was proud of herself to make herself forget about it. Life felt much more easier. She did not have to feel sad or bothered when thinking about the rejection. She have totally moved from it and only sees Yanfei as a friend... maybe

It was finally summer break. everyone was already planning their holidays and vacations with their family. Majority of them planned on going back home for the whole break to spent time with their family. Hu Tao envy them. Hu Tao's family doesn't treat her the best. Always getting shammed during dinner time by her whole family. Her grandfather was the only one there for her. But after he died a few years ago, it was not the same anymore. She felt lonely all the time during family gatherings. So for this year summer break, she don't feel like going back. She decided to just stay in her dorm and do her own stuff. It was not encouraged but she have no choice.

**

It was the last class. Hu Tao and Yanfei walked back to their dorms as they chatted away. Yanfei was telling Hu Tao her plans for this year summer. Yanfei said she just wanted to go back home and finally get a good rest. She miss her parents and her house.

Hu Tao went to Yanfei dorm to help her pack up before she leaves for this whole summer. Hu Tao felt sad but to her if Yanfei is happy she will too.

Yanfei looked at Hu Tao with pity. Yanfei knew almost everything about Hu Tao family background and seeing her left alone in school made her a little sad. She was going to leave her best friend for a long period of time and not spend time with her at all. Of course Yanfei plans was to stay there but to occasionally come back to school to see Hu Tao. There was only problem, the problem was how far the school was from Yanfei's home. She sighed to herself while she packed her suitcase and Hu Tao noticed it.

"Yanfei? Are you okay? You seem to have a lot of thoughts in your mind right now" Hu Tao was worriedly as she looked at Yanfei. Yanfei have a small smile.

"Is nothing don't worry about it. Anyway, thank you for helping. It means a lot!" Yanfei said cheerfully. Hu Tao nodded your welcome and Yanfei started to do some more things before really leaving the place. It was still 5pm and Yanfei told Hu Tao her parents car will be there by 6pm. Therefore Yanfei was rather early.

"Are you sure you are okay with being alone?" Yanfei asked Hu Tao. Hu Tao looked up confused.

"What do you mean?" Hu Tao asked Yanfei as she puts her phone down.

"Oh I meant like you are going to be here alone without me. Are you going to be okay?" Yanfei explained to her. Hu Tao chuckled a little and then replied to her.

"Of course i'm okay! As long you're enjoying your time there is all good! Besides you totally deserve a rest from all that work. You've done great" Hu Tao replied and reassured Yanfei along the way.

"Right... you're okay with being alone? Like actually. A lot of people will be away. Is going to be really quiet here you know?" Yanfei said worriedly. Many students planned to go back home but Hu Tao and a few are staying back here. Teachers did encourage the student to go back since it was summer, they should be enjoying their time. So Hu Tao staying alone here without no one made Yanfei sad.

"Yes i am okay Yanfei. Don't worry. We can always chat when i feel lonely. Internet exist" Hu Tao was basically repeating what she said over and over again. Yanfei sighed and took Hu Tao hands and asked her nervously.

"Uhm... Do you want to come to my house then?" Yanfei said sheepishly and she blushed from ear to ear. It felt weird. Why was she feeling like this now. Hu Tao smiled and intertwined her hands with Yanfei.

"Sure, if that's what you want me to do" Yanfei smiled in returned. Both of them then went to Hu Tao dorm. They packed as fast as possible just in case Yanfei parent's car comes early.

50 minutes later...

"Hu Tao quick! My parents are going to arrive in 5 minutes!" Yanfei shouted from the bed as Hu Tao hurriedly try to find something in her own closet.

"Uuhhhh hold on! I'm still trying to find something!" Hu Tao shouted back.

"What is it you're trying to find!?"

"My Pyjamas!!" she shouted as well she pulled it out from the closet. After minutes of searching she finally found it.

"Found It!" Hu Tao said as she ran to Yanfei and hurriedly out the Pyjamas inside the suit case. Both of the hurriedly left the dorm building. Yanfei dropped a quick text to her mom that a friend will be coming along and her parents allowed her.

When they arrived at the car park, Yanfei parents car was already there so they entered it immediately.

"Eh? Yanfei? Is this Hu Tao girl you're talking about?" Yanfei went red straight and covered her face from everyone in the car. It felt awkward for her.

"Ah yes! I'm Hu Tao, i'm her friend!" Hu Tao said cheerfully as she waved at the two adult. The dad started driving. The trip went smoothly. Everyone was doing their own stuff and Yanfei dad was focused on the road. Hu Tao and Yanfei did not exchange any words with each other.

After a few hours, they reached Yanfei's home. It was not the biggest or the smaller but Hu Tao could definitely tell it was comfy and nice place to live in.

***

A/N: hey! i don't really have anything to say actually but i hope everyone is doing good! anyway school is starting so updates might be slower SORRYYY 😞😞. ily all OK BYEEE