Epilogue

Tanjiro's POV

5 years later

It's been five years since Kanao and I officially started dating. After finishing highschool Kanao had to move overseas to study in a really great University in America. It was hard being in a long-distance relationship but we texted and called each other everyday and video chatted on weekends and special days.

Today is the day Kanao is finally returning from America. I've really missed her these past 5 years. I got in my car and went straight to the airport to pick her up. When I arrived at the airport her flight had just landed. I decided to call her.

Tanjiro: Hey sweetie.

Kanao: Hey Tanjiro! My flight just landed and I've just got off the plane and entered the gate, um where are you?

Tanjiro: I'm actually coming towards the gate. What are you wearing?

Kanao: I'm wearing white and purple checkered hoodie with gray track pants and sneakers, what about you?

Tanjiro: Hehe I'm actually wearing a black and green checkered hoodie with black track pants and sneakers.

Kanao: I can't believe we actually wore the same thing. Anyways I've gotta hang up now. I hope you're waiting for me at the right gate.

Tanjiro: Don't worry I'm at the right place. Bye!

I hung up and started to wait for her to appear. My heart was beating really fast. I just can't wait to see her again. I started looking around until a familiar sweet scent hit my nose. I looked at the gate and saw the person I was waiting for these past 5 years. Kanao has gotten more beautiful since she left. She now wears her hair down and has a golden butterfly necklace which I gifted to her before she left.

She looked up and then our eyes met. She was glasses which I think make her look super cute. She mostly uses the glasses for style and fashion. After seeing me a huge smile which I've been longing to see appeared on her face. I started to feel my cheeks blushing a little. I ran up to her whilst she did the same. When we met at the middle we embraced each other. Kanao started crying tears of joy whilst I was shedding a few tears too.

Kanao: Tanjiro...

Tanjiro: Welcome back my flower.

Kanao: I've missed you, I've missed you so much!

Tanjiro: I've missed you too.

I let go of our hug and looked down at her. She was still crying a little. I used my hands to wipe away her tears and then closed the gap between us. It has been so long since I've kissed her. Her soft lips still taste like strawberries. She put her arms around my neck and then our kiss deepened. I heard an old lady passing by saying "Aw young love!". We broke the kiss because of lack of air. We started staring deeply into each other's eyes.

Tanjiro: Hey Kanao?

Kanao: Ya?

Tanjiro: Let's get your luggage. I have a surprise for you.

Kanao: Really?

Tanjiro: Yep!

Kanao: Okay.

We went and got her luggage then went to the car and then we left the airport. In the car Kanao kept on talking about the interesting things she did in America whilst I happily listened whilst also paying attention to the road.

Kanao: So what's the surprise?

Tanjiro: If I told you then it wouldn't be a surprise now would it?

Kanao: Ya you're right, I'm just curious.

Tanjiro: You really haven't changed huh?

Kanao: What's that supposed to mean!?

Tanjiro: Okay we're here!

Kanao: Huh, the park?

Tanjiro: Yep, close your eyes.

Kanao: Okay (closes eyes)

Tanjiro: Don't peek okay?

Kanao: Fine I won't.

I helped her out of the car and led her to the surprise. Her eyes were still closed. We finally reached the surprise.

Tanjiro: Okay now open your eyes!

Kanao: Okay (opens eyes)

Kanao's POV

I opened my eyes to notice a huge banner hung on tree where Tanjiro and I used to hangout. My eyes widened when I read what was written on the banner.
It said MARRY ME KANAO ❤️💍

I turned around to find Tanjiro behind me kneeling down on one knee holding out the most beautiful ring ever.

Tanjiro: Ever since the day we made our relationship official I've been dreaming of this day for a very long time now. I love you Kanao Tsuyuri with all my heart and I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Will you marry me Kanao Tsuyuri!?

Kanao: ....

Tanjiro: Kanao?

Kanao: Y-yes, I'll marry you Tanjiro!

I started to feel tears flowing on my cheeks but I didn't care. Tanjiro smiled,put the diamond on my finger and stood up and hugged me whilst kissing me.

Everyone: SURPRISE!!!!!

Suddenly all our friends appeared from the bushes. I noticed my sisters were there too. They ran up to me and hugged me whilst congratulating us on our engagement.

Kanae: I can't believe my little sister is engaged at 23! You have grown so much Kanao.

Shinobu: Yes Nee-san

Kanao: Hehe thanks guys.

I hugged Tanjiro again and then kissed him on the lips. Everyone started clapping and cheering for us.

Nezuko: Kyaaa my brother is gonna get married!

Zenitsu: That will be us soon Nezuko-chan~

Nezuko: U-u-um sure (blushes like crazy)

Inosuke: Let's celebrate Gonpachiro and Shanao's engagement!

Everyone: Ya!

That was the best day of my life. I'll never forget this day. I knew falling in love with Tanjiro was a great choice. I'm gonna spend my life with the person I love most.

Tanjiro: I promise to talk care of you my flower

Kanao: Thank you my sunshine

We kissed again

Hello my beautiful readers. Author-chan here for the very last time on this series. So we have reached the end of this beautiful series readers. Thank you all for the support. This was my very first story.

If y'all want more stories from Mr then check out my other stories. Thank you all again!

Author-chan out 😎!

You have reached the end of You and me a Tankana story.