13

I could feel the cool autumn breeze gently caressing my skin and raising goosebumps as I forced my eyes open. I shivered and pulled the blanket farther up my body to try and steal some of its heat and sat up. I wrapped my blanket around my shoulders and let it drag the floor like a cape. Walking out of the room, I could see a couple of the guys laying in odd positions on their beds. Stu was draped over Billy and had his head hanging off the side, Michael was in that of a fetal position, Bubba was cuddled up with Chucky while Thomas was sleeping on the floor, and Jason, Pennywise and Hannibal were nowhere to be seen. I held my hand over my mouth to stop myself from falling into a fit of giggles and quickly maneuvered to the cafeteria.

      Upon arriving at the large room, I could make out two figures in the right corner walking out of the kitchen. They could both be seen with a steaming cup of coffee tucked delicately between their large hands. I walked closer to them and recognized the two conspicuous figures as Hannibal and Jason. "G-goodmorning!" I chirped, bounding over to Jason and latching onto him, just barely missing his coffee. He lifted up his coffee cup and wrapped his free arm around my waist, chuckling. "Goodmorning darling, how are you?" Hannibal looked at me with amusement as Jason struggled to keep me from squirming around.

      "Good! H-how are you?" Hannibal smiled gently at me and nodded his head in recognition of my question. Jason looked down to me and ran his fingers through my hair. "I need to get some work done, so I'll leave you guys to it," Hannibal said, delivering a wink in Jason's direction. Once he was out of sight, Jason reached up to take his mask off. He looked at me with pure joy and leaned forward to plant a gentle kiss on my cheek. "I had a good idea for our date. If you'd like to go and get ready, we can head out soon." His deep voice sent shivers of pleasure up my spine and I jumped out of his arms and made my way to my room.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      "Where are w-we going?" I complained. I was currently being held bridal-style in Jason's arms and we, or rather he, had been walking for the past 15 minutes. "Be patient, we're almost there," he chuckled and shoved my face into his burley chest so anything I said would be muffled. I smirked into his chest and tried to say something. "Mmm mmph mm mmm?" He laughed a heraghty laugh and let my head fall backwards, away from his chest. "What was that?" "I s-said 'Are we t-there yet?' " He paused for a second and spoke. "Yes, we are."

      Jason let me down to my feet and slowly untied the blindfold he had put on me before we left the house. I had to squint my eyes when the bright rays of sunlight flashed in my face. When I opened them again, I could see the warm colored leaves floating about the sky and decorating the ground. My feet were bare, allowing me to feel the fuzzy blanket laid beneath me. All sorts of my favorite foods could be seen lying on the far edge of the red and white plaid blanket. A small radio tuned to (fav/music) could be heard as the delightful smell of food wafted through the cool air. "Oh J-jason, it's b-beautiful. Thank y-you."

        The warmth of the sun on my back felt comforting as we ate. Jason talked about what had happened while I was gone and he was "dead" and I shared what I had been doing for the last 14 years all alone at the abandoned school. The way he looked at me wasn't with pity or sympathy but with love and empathy. He could understand how alone I had felt and was so willing to comfort me whenever I needed it.

       When we finished eating, it was already sunset and we could just barely see the stars peeking out from between the leaves of the trees. The gentle wind would tickle the grass making it wiggle with excitement. The moment couldn't have been more perfect. My head was laid against Jason's shoulder as his arm rested carefully across my waist.

       "I m-missed you J-Jason," I said, craning my neck to look into his eyes. He looked down at me and tilted his head. "I missed you too, Y/N."

      He leaned down slowly and I caught onto what he was trying to do. I let my eyes slowly flutter shut as his nose brushed against mine. I felt my chest begin to rise and fall quicker as my palms grew sweaty. Not even a second later, I could feel his partially deformed lips against mine. It was nothing I had ever experienced before. It felt as if fireworks were going off in my head and a hundred little needles were pricking my lips in all the right places.

      He pulled back and faced me with glossed over eyes. He took my small hands in his much larger ones and said the 4 words I never expected anyone to say to me in my lifetime.

     "I love you Y/N."