Endless Night Pt1

(AHRAN)

"Is this your idea of keeping me safe? Chaining me like I am some kind of animal?" I glare in fury at Wang Dao while pulling at the steel band he placed om my wrist. The band is attached on a chain nailed to the wall by the bed. Dao himself nailed that chain. There is no one who will touch that and I know I am not strong enough to break the chain or pull it from the wall.

Dao sighed before sitting on the edge of the four postered bed where he placed me. He said we are in our rooms. He ordered a warm bath for me, gave me clothes to change into. I am now dry and indoor...but I think I prefer to be wet and outside running with Adda.

Speaking of Adda.

"I want to go to Adda." I said.

"She's probably still being clean by the people in the temple." Dao said.

"Where will we bury her?" I asked while thinking what kind of resting place is suitable for a precious friend like her.

"Don't think about that for now. You have to eat," Dao gestured at the food placed on a table about three feet away from the bed. "You haven't eaten anything since this morning. You have to eat." He repeated.

I stared at the delicious lookinh dishes on the table. I could eat but Adda's words echoed in my head. "Adda said you have exhausted my usefulness. That you are now trying to poison me..."

"And you trusted her words?" Dao massaged the bridge of his nose. I studied his face. He is a handsome man who inherited most of his looks from Jian Yu's General Wang. But Wang Dao's face is more angular than his sire. And his eyes are darker than those of General Wang.

He is pleasing to look at but there is something off about Dao. He seems...guarded. Like he has locked away a part of him that no one else, probably even I, couldn't reach. And he also look tired.

"She is Adda," I said to reply to his words. "She never lied to me or do something to harm me." Adda even died for me. Trying to save me.

"Then have you considered the ridiculousness of the idea of her accusing me of poisoning you when she was the one who handled your food and serve it to you?" Dao said evenly. "My Love, if you go down by poison, it will not be me who has done it,"

My eyes turned a little to Dao's sword lying on the settee placed against the foot of the bed. "No. Poison is not your style, right? You would rather spill blood by slashing everyone on sight." I said, sounding bitter and a little sardonic.

Dao's face hardened. "If I kill, I kill to protect my family and you. I did it to protect you."

I looked at his face again. "Wang Hua said she wants to kill me. She called me a traitor. Why?"

Dao frowned. "I see that your memories are still addled." He sighed. "I thought you are getting better."

My memories. Its not existent. I don't know what happened. "Who is the Emperor?" I asked Dao. "If Wang Hua is the Empress..."

"Emperor Jin of course," Dao frowned at me. "You are not getting better, you are getting worse. You can't even remember who our current emperor is?"

"I'm sorry...I was..." still living back in the past. I have no idea how Prince Jin and Wang Hua became Emperor and Empress. "What about Crown Prince Han...?"

My breath hitched when Dao's eyes suddenly turned murderous. "Don't even speak of that bastard's name..."

I was stunned for a moment of him calling the crown prince he served a bastard. "Why? What happened?" I think I now NEED to know what is happening in this place.