Reunion

(PRINCE JIN)

I watched in satisfaction as Dao rode hard to get our seer to safety. Sand assassins has appeared. We were ambushed and though I am
not sure if they are mere bandits out to rob and kill anyone or bands of assassins paid to kill us, our goal didn't change.

We had to get home and present the seer to His Majesty.

I rode to get to Yong's side. My friend is already engaging sand assassins sent to deter us from getting home. Yong is fighting five of them as they surround my friend who got his handy spear ready for his defense and offensive moves.

"Yong!" I shouted my friend's name as I swung my sword downward and hack one assassin moving forward to attack me. One of them showed an ability to fly in the air, or jump high. I braced for impact as that killer tackled me from the top of the horse and we both fell down on the ground.

I kicked my legs to get an upper hand on that struggle and got the assassin under me. Without hesitating, I stabbed a dagger on the neck part of the killer under me and pushed the handle of the blade on the side to completely slit that neck. I felt muscles and bones breaking under my blade.

"Your Highness!" I heard Yong shouting and saw another attacker coming my way from the left side. I rolled away from the unmoving body under me to avoid the new attacker's blade swinging to chop my head off my shoulders.

I quickly got on my feet to run towards Yong. If we are together, our chances of surviving this attack will get bigger. He can watch my back as I guard his.

Two assassins tried to get in my way and I had a bit of a struggle in getting rid of them. They are fast...and I think most of their weapons are laced with poison. Amazing...these assassins would kill you by wounding you and poisoning you at the same time. I felt a dark respect for their ethics of making sure to kill their targets.

But after a few more advances I felt Yong's back against mine. Enemies circled us but I felt at ease knowing I finally got to my friend to help him.

"Dao and the seer?" Yong asked, panting a little from the exertion of fighting off skilled killers.

"They got to safety." I said.

"Good." Yong mumbled in approval before advancing towards the enemies.

"Don't worry! I think help is on the way!" I said loudly while fighting off two attackers who liked jumping around with their long blades while looking for an opening to slash me.

"How sure are you of that?!" Yong shouted back.

"Quite sure?" I said, unsure.

"Is that a question?" Yong sounded annoyed.

"I'm still a prince. They won't let me die without exerting some form of efforts to help me!" I said, trying to sound logical.

"Some form of efforts?" Yong now sounded resigned. I think this whole trip to the Mughal Country made Yong's confidence on me waver. I don't entirely blame him for that.

My back collided with Yong's again. "I think, once we are home, we should reevaluate this friendship, Your Highness." Yong said.

"Don't worry...it'll be alright." I said, feeling amused by him.

"Dao is right. You are annoying." Yong grumbled.

I'm more than annoying. I have lead my friends in dangerous situations since we have come to the Mughal Kingdom in my mission to runaway from Hua's engagement with my brother.

Indeed, the Emperor sent us there to spy on the rising power of the then Crown Prince, now the new Shah, as well as intercept a parcel. Still, no order from His Majesty could mask my real intention of escaping the Middle Kingdom as Hua chose to protect Han instead of accepting my love for her.