Memories

(DAYU)

"Some of your memories are missing?"

"Or altered. Either way, my knowledge about certain things are not accurate at this moment," AhRan sighed before gazing up to the half moon up in the night sky.

We left the room given to me to walk around the base's training ground. AhRan told me that he sustained a massive blow in his head when he was taken and now, he's confuse about some matters.

"You asked me once how I know when Dao is in danger. I'll answer that now. Our minds are connected. At least my mind is connected to his. I can read his thoughts and we have conversations that way." AhRan explained.

"You...you can do that?" I felt a little scared at what he can do. I sometimes wish to know what my Captain and our children are thinking but to outright read their minds. "If you two are having conversations...then surely Dao would recognize you...and your voice...."

"He didn't. That was my fear too when I spoke to him. But it seems like something has changed in Dao as well when I changed. I told you before...we are fated for each other." The young seer sighed. "I shouldn't be telling you all of these because I know you can use this against me when I get you annoyed."

"Probably," I felt amused at him. AhRan always speak like we are the same age. He's not disrespectful but he does make me feel like he's also a man who has seen forty summers in his life.

"But I can't do that now. Talk to Dao through his mind, I mean. I don't even know if he can remember our conversations. All I know is that it'll be harder now to reach him once we get separated."

"Can you do that with me?" I asked AhRan, out of pure curiosity, of course.

"I don't know...can I?"

I gasped hard and took steps away from him. AhRan's face lit up. "Oh, I didn't lose that ability. Its just not working with Dao."

"Stop that! Don't ever do that again! How could you?! Are you reading my thoughts now?!" He's scaring me again.

"I don't have to, you are shouting them." AhRan retorted dryly. "And I won't do it again. Rest assured. I just do it with Dao because you know..."

"Right. Your fate with him," I sighed. Then I remembered something. "Oh, Dao's maternal family has sent a girl to us. Someone Dao could meet and hopefully marry."

AhRan's face lit up again. "Is that true? Thats great news!"

"Yes," I laughed at his jubilant reaction. "But tell me this, how can Dao marrying someone else change your fate?"

"My fate showed that my lover who would kill me was unmarried and was free to choose me as his lover." AhRan hesitated a bit before continuing. "He has inherited the vast fortune his parents has left him. Meaning..."

"My captain and I are no longer around when you two met,"

"No. When we became lovers. We already met several times...just like in this situation but to pursue me, Dao was free of anyone objecting to his choices. He doesn't answer to anyone when he started courting me."

I frowned at that. "You made my son chase you around."

"He will kill me. Tell me who is sane enough to let the person who would kill them be close to them?"

"Captain Wang. He knows I want to kill him but he still chose to love me." I said proudly with a shrug.

AhRan sighed. "Pardon this word of mine, but your captain is not really sane, Jian Yu."

I opened my mouth to protest that statement but changed my mind in the end. "Be that as it may, I don't like the idea of my son chasing you around and getting rejected by you."