Caged

(DAYU)

Nanny's panicked voice gave me a clue that something unpleasant, something that would surely bring me headache, happened again. I walked out of the sunroom where I am tallying the estate's ledgers to see what is going on in the entrace hall of the mansion. I think Captain Wang is home because I heard my lover's voice as soon as I opened the sunroom's door.

I froze on my feet when I saw Captain Wang carrying, what I think is unconscious, person in his arm. That person's clothes looked familiar but my head rejected the conclusion it formed. Then my blood turned cold when Nanny gazed at the body Captain Wang is carrying and called my daughter's name.

"Hua! General, what happened to my Hua?" Nanny frantically asked Captain Wang.

But Captain sensed my presence and his eyes found me. "Dayu ah...it's alright. She is just..."

I walked quickly towards him and wrestled my daughter off his arms. I sat on the floor, Hua in my lap, and gazed at my unmoving daughter. Nanny knelt beside us. "Hua! Hua!" I tapped my daughter's cheek to wake her up. "What happened to you, my flower? Hua!" I gazed up at my lover while holding on to my emotions. "What did you do to my daughter?!" I shouted at Captain Wang.

"She is fine. Just asleep. She'll wake up in two hours...probably." Captain Wang sounded a bit unsure as he crouched low to level with us as other helpers hovered nearby to see what is going on with their young lady. "We had a match and I pressed her pressure point..."

"Why did you do that?!" I snarled furiously at him. "What if you damaged her?! With your strength..."

"I was careful, Dayu ah. I was!" Captain Wang insisted. "But she won't give up. This is on her," my lover grumbled defensively. "And I did what you want. I brought home your daughter. Her quest to join the army is done. She is now yours to do what you must with her. Make sure she is on her best behavior starting tonight." Captain Wang stood up and dusted his clothes. "I better get back to the palace. It's still working hour. I have more meetings..."

"If Hua didn't wake up..."

"She will. She is breathing." Captain Wang sighed. "Alright, full disclosure...she might have bruises..."

"Leave," I growled in a low tone. "Leave before I do something we will both regret."

Captain Wang cleared his throat disgruntledly. "Your temper really. Your daughter got your temper and stubbornness. That's why she is in that situation." He said with a scoff. "Remember, best behavior."

I hefted Hua up in my arms as I stood up. "Leave!" I snapped at my lover this time. "Leave already as your soldiers are waiting for you! That's what matters to you, right?! Your work!"

Captain Wang frowned at me. "Why are you getting angry at me when I just did what you want? You said take Hua home. Here she is. Home."

"Not like this! Not unconscious like this! Are you kidding me?!" My blood pressure is rising.

"With your daughter's attitude, this is the only way she will come home. Unconscious. Without a fight on her," Captain Wang waved his hand. "Ah, stop complaining to me. I did my part, that is clear. You won't even thank me..." he grumbled irritably before turning to walk out of the main door.

Other servants followed their general. Some shaking their heads in amazement. Others nodding, agreeing with Captain Wang's point.

I turned to Nanny whose eyes are now tearful. "Will she be alright, Master Dayu?" Nanny asked.

"She will be," I won't accept any other result than that. "Best prepare the things we will need to clean her up in her room. And put out her best robes as well."