The Bitter Sweet Countdown

Em, I hate seeing you down. It's like She Devil all over again. Please don't tell me it has to do with Maya." Caleb is worried about how down Emily is since yesterday when she showed up at his house crying. Her phone kept vibrating and she would just take a quick look before locking it without a response. Usually she would be giddy, smiling rushing back to reply before running off to meet this mystery girl, not so sad.

"No not Maya. I am so over her." Emily saids in a huff. It sounds like it physically hurts her to be speaking right now. Caleb was laying in his bed next to her, they were watching some TV show about serial killers in the mid west. Caleb considers watching some Disney movie if it makes Emily happy.

"Who has my main gal down then? That college honey? Older girls are hard to keep around." Caleb looks over at Emily. He could see the tears starting to pull in her eyes. As he thought girl problems.

"Caleb, what would you do if a girl... that you really really like... tells you she is leaving the state in two weeks and is never coming back?" Emily turns over to face him. Her body is curling into herself in a ball. Caleb thinks about it, he wants to give a good response that will help Emily.

"Is this girl you've been seeing leaving in two weeks?" Caleb asks, he looks over at Emily. She nods her head sniffing back the tears.

"Do you feel like you can love her one day?" He asks. She stares at him for a while before giving a subtle nod hoping that he won't make fun of her.

"Then Emily feilds, I would not be sitting here with myself no matter how awesome I am. I would be every second I have left with this girl so I won't look back in regret. You have 14 days Em, don't waste them being depressed. Be sad after then move on, it's only summer love." Caleb said leaning over towards Emily wiping away a stray tear before pushing Emily off the bed. Emily yelps falling off the bed on to the dirty carpet.

"Ouch! What the fuck Caleb! That hurt!" Emily yells getting off the floor. She huffs out a gush of air. She knew he was right, but she just felt so sad.

"Go to your girl Emily! Come back in 15 days to cry and mope then, not a day before." Caleb yells throwing a pillow at Emily as she stood in shock by the bed. She finally gets her legs to move out the door. "Fuck her real good Emily!" He screams once she gets out the door shaking her head. That is all he could think of, sex typical.

The walk to Lima Heights from Caleb's house is a good hour walk in the scorching heat in a afternoon of July. Emily is sweating everywhere, feeling disgusting. She just kept walking and wiping her forehead every 10 minutes trying not to pay attention to the uncomfortable way her jean is sticking to her legs. She should have gone home instead to drive over to Alison's but she needed some time to think anyways figuring walking would be the best solution. When she finally gets inside the neighborhood she gets nervous to just show up at Alison's house unannounced. After all she isn't her girlfriend or even her friend just some girl she was fucking. She gets to Alison's house taking a deep breath before knocking on the door. Emily hoped she was home and didn't have to wait too long outside for her.

She waits a few minutes kicking some of the dirt off the porch as a source of entertainment. Emily knows she has her phone and can call Alison instead of being so dramatic, but something is telling her not to. She hears the door open and Emily turns around seeing Alison staring at her like if she's seen a ghost. She had on some hanging out clothes for inside the house. Emily opens her mouth to say something, but Alison runs to her jumping on her planting a kiss.

When their lips meet, it could be described as animal instinct. It's desperate, full of longing of something they can never truly have, each other. Emily wraps her arms along the bottom of Alison's thighs holding her up against herself. Alison wraps her legs behind Emily's back locking them against the sweat filled tank top. Their tongues moving frantically as their lips lock and caress each other. Emily realizes they are making out in Alison's porch in the middle of the day which isn't the smartest of choices so she walks them into the house closing the door behind her.