Jake

After spending a few hours at Alison's just innocent kissing and cuddling, Emily went back home. Everything seemed so hard until she said it out loud. The things she has been thinking about and weighting her down didn't feel as hopeless anymore with a few stupid kisses. This confuses Emily, how can someone she hasn't seen in six years and holds a little resentment towards for leaving has the power to make her feel alive again.

She would never admit it to anyone but there are a lot of things Emily has done that she deeply regrets, but Alison isn't one of them.

Two days later, Emily goes over Hannah's after dinner. There are things Emily wants to talk about and Jay left some things at her place last time. She knocks on the door to be polite mostly, but she has the spare key so lets herself in. When she gets inside she is rushed at the door by a giggling Jay speeding towards her. Emily smiles carrying him up to her hip giving him a big kiss. Hannah must have told him, she was going to swing by.

"Hey Bud! You're so big soon you'll be able to carry me." Emily said while blowing raspberries in his neck. Jay starts kicking and squirming around until Emily puts him down. Jay runs around making dinosaur noises with his lion.

"I'm big like Petey!" Jay screams running back to the living room. Emily smiles at him and follows sluggishly behind him. At least the boys get along, Emily thinks to herself while making her way back to the kitchen where she will probably find Hannah. Emily is right, Hannah is washing the dishes talking on the phone. She sees Emily and smiles letting her know she can come in. Emily takes a seat on the stool by the counter eating a banana from the fruit tray waiting.

"Ma, I'll call you back. Em is here and I need to talk to her... What? No... Ma, I really have to go... I will, bye love you too." Hannah said shaking her head and takes off the hands free headset. Emily and Hannah small talk for a while. The usual about the kids, how they are in school, work. Emily could tell Hannah is uncomfortable still from the other night. They haven't talked much besides kid related things since then. That is until Hannah blurts out something Emily didn't expect to hear.

"I don't think you should pursue Alison." Hannah said as she rinses the last of the soap covered dishes. Emily scowls looking down at the kitchen counter waiting a few seconds before answering.

"Why?" She asks. Hannah lets out a sigh seeing this will be a loosing battle for her. Alison has always had some sort of hold over Emily and nothing has changed now. Can the sex really be that good? She knows Emily is good and everything, but it's like they are magnets. Even after all things that have happened Emily will want Alison. Hannah shuts off the water looking at Emily as she picks at her nail polish. She looks different.

"B, you are so kind hearted. I'm your best friend and I don't want you to get hurt if I can help it. Alison is just such a bitch Em. You don't understand it because she has you in some sort of spell, but she will throw anyone under the bus to get what she wants. For whatever reason she wants you and I think she is going to turn you against Jay and I to get you." Hannah thinks out loud thinking that honesty would work best. Emily looks up at Hannah laughing with a dry laugh. Hannah starts to worry when Emily gives a dry laugh.

"Don't be ridiculous Alison isn't that bad," Emily said shaking her head before continuing. "Besides if I'm your best friend then how come you never told me about the drug mob thing? Huh? Don't you think it is important for your best friend slash mother of your child to know everything about you. The good and the ugly." Emily watches Hannah visibly cringe when she mentions the drug mob. They are pressing each other's buttons and they both know it.

"I had no other choice. I didn't want to do it, but I had to." Hannah said turning away to put away the dry dishes. Her voice became hoarse and low, like if she is exposing something vulnerable about herself.