Chapter 5

There's something about the night that made Lisa calm. It's not necessarily the sound of the waves gently caressing the shore, or the sound of the wind softly whispering in her ears, but just the feeling of being engulfed in silence in the dead of the night gave the girl a sense of peace and security, albeit a little lonely. 

Lisa sat on the shore and inhaled deeply as she placed her hand over her chest. It had been a full hour since she left the bar and her heart have never calmed ever since the faithful reunion. 

And that short phone call with Seulgi didn't help at all. 

Lying down on the sand, Lisa started to count the stars one by one.

"One, two, three, fou—Yah! Lili!" 

"I'm sorry, Nini. You look so cute I just couldn't resist giving you a kiss!" 

"The stars look so bright tonight." 

"Yeah, they do. And tomorrow night, they'd look even brighter." 

"Mmm..."

Lisa couldn't remember if the stars were indeed brighter that night. To be honest, she didn't care; she didn't give a damn. Her eyes were filled with tears to see clearly anyway. 

'Jennie, why are you here?' 

-------

Jennie found herself trudging the short walk from the bar towards her hotel suite and dreaded the inevitable second meeting. After Lisa left the bar, the three had decided to order some more beers, even a few hard shots, just to drown the awkwardness left by the photographer. 

Yet now, as Jennie neared the door to her hotel room, she felt every drop of alcohol on her bloodstream dissipate to nothingness, leaving nothing but painful sober consciousness. 

She stood in front of the only thing that's separating her from her past and the future that she could've gotten and breathed deeply. Jennie contemplated in knocking then realized, albeit with annoyance, that she had her own room key. 

'You just saw her for a few minutes, exchanged a few words and you're already a mess...'

With one final sigh, she slid in her key card and opened the door slowly. 

"Mommy!" 

Jennie was assaulted by her daughter who playfully latched to her leg as soon as she reached the living room. 

"Hi, baby," Jennie picked the girl up and kissed her forehead, "What are you doing up?" 

"Woke up and mommy gone." Her little kid pouted at her. 

"Aaaww, I'm sorry baby. Mommy was with Aunt Chaeyoung and Aunt Jisoo." 

"It's okay mommy, I play with L-La... Lili!" 

Only then that Jennie had noticed the presence of another person in the living room. She snapped her head towards the soft chuckle and for the second time that day, she got the shock of her life.