Chapter 10

"Lisa, wake up."

Groan.

"Get up, now."

"Whyyy?"

"You have a photo shoot to do, you lazy bum!"

Lisa bolted out of the sofa upon hearing her neglected work and immediately clutched her chest, thinking that Ella was still lying on her torso.

"Wha—Where's Ella?!" She screamed when she realized that the girl wasn't with her anymore.

"Calm down, Lisa. She's with her mom."

"Oh."

Seulgi pulled her up from the sofa and pushed her towards the direction of the bathroom.

"Now go take a shower so we could have breakfast and finally start on that photo shoot."

"Yes, mom."

-------

"You take really good pictures. I mean, look at these..."

Lisa watched Jisoo as the latter fawn over the sample prints of today's dry run photo shoot. She watched the eager girl thumb over the prints with a smile. She had always found Jisoo's personality to be rather amusing.

The Thai girl leaned back and lazily scanned over her camera to look for shots that she might have forgotten to print out. Amidst her rigorous button-pressing, Lisa didn't miss Jisoo's small glances at her.

"Is there something on my face?" She said as she looked at Jisoo inquisitively.

Lisa saw uneasiness in Jisoo's eyes and she can't quite understand why the girl was acting like that. It was rare for the shorter girl to be serious, and to be honest, Lisa haven't seen her be actually serious before. Serious Jisoo is like a myth to her.

"What?"

"N-nothing."

"Seriously, what?"

She looked at her curiously before going back to what she was doing, "Fine."

"I... I know what happened."

"Hmm?" Lisa looked up from her camera.

"To you and Jennie. I know."

It was inevitable, Lisa thought. Jisoo is Jennie's friend after all. It's not like its taboo for someone else to mention it, but she still can't seem to get used to people talking about it, not when the issue had been evaded for the longest time.

She let out a sigh before safely placing her camera on the table.

-------

She had never thought talking would take so much of her energy until she had found herself trudging along the hallways towards her hotel suite. Though deep inside, Lisa knew that it wasn't the talk, but the reason.

The Thai girl, for the longest time, had evaded the topic and as much as her friends had wanted to forcefully squeeze the depression out of her, they had been courteous enough to leave the grieving girl alone.

But after the talk with Jisoo, Lisa had suddenly found light after being in the dark for so long. She didn't want to admit it, to her friends and especially to herself that she was too broken to move on. She hid behind fake smiles and laughs, all the while making herself believe that she's fine.

But no, she was never fine.

Not when the person you've considered to be your everything suddenly walks out on you on your wedding day.