Chapter 7

"You said we'll be together forever, Jen... Then why are you leaving me now? Why?..." 

"I want a family, Lili. I—" 

"We are gonna have one! You and me! And we'll have kids! We'll adopt, we'll—" 

"A real family, Lisa... My own flesh and blood... A-and... you can't give me that..."

"You're really stupid, you know that?" 

"Wha—" 

"Quite hopeless too." 

"Seul—" 

"What? I'm just stating facts, Lisa." 

"Don't make me smack you with my camera." 

Seulgi shrugged as she sipped her cold drink while eyeing Jennie who was playing with her daughter near the shore. Lisa followed her best friend's line of sight and smiled unconsciously as she saw Jennie pick Ella up and tickle her. 

They looked so happy. 

Jennie looked so happy.

"Does she know you're here?" Lisa asked the shorter girl and was answered with a negative. 

"She hasn't seen me yet, if that's what you're asking." 

"Ah..." 

Lisa heard every sound but nothing was being processed in her brain. It seems like all of her senses had shut down except for her sight, but even that one has been dominated by tunnel vision with only Jennie and Ella visible. 

She could've had that happiness, that fairy tale ending. 

'You're really unfair, Nini... How can you ask for something that you know is impossible for me to give?'

-------

Jennie held her daughter close as the little kid latched on to her neck lovingly. Running and playing around the beach had drained them out, but seeing her daughter enjoying herself made every drop of fatigue disappear from her body. 

She kissed Ella's forehead softly before tucking a few loose strands behind her daughter's ear. Jennie stared at her with soft eyes and held her tightly against her body. 

If there's one thing she didn't regret in her life, then that would be bearing a beautiful daughter. 

The kid was a product of love, supposedly, before her father had bailed out upon the knowledge of getting Jennie pregnant. Yes, he was an asshole, but she loved him genuinely, at least until he branded himself of being a jerk when Jennie woke up one day and found him missing along with all of his belongings. 

It hurt her, so much, that the moment she cried when she realized that the man had abandoned her and the seed that's inside of her, she was brought to that day when she, too, had broken a person's heart.