Chapter 11

Jennie opened her eyes only to be greeted by the sun's rays, stinging them a bit. She was about to turn to escape the sunlight when a sheet was draped over her head, effectively saving her from the bothersome streak. She can't help but smile when she felt a pair of arms snaking around her waist, pulling her closer. 

She turned towards the warm body and rewarded the owner with a soft peck on the lips. 

"Thank you." Jennie felt Lisa smile through the kiss. "Good morning," she heard her whisper. 

"Morning, Lili."

"Mommy!" 

Jennie caught her daughter as the little one leapt into her arms the moment she entered the shared living room. 

"Good morning, baby!" She said as she nuzzled her daughter's neck, all the while showering the latter with sniff kisses. 

A chuckle pulled her out of their mother-daughter moment. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disrupt your, uhm... moment." 

"No, it's fine. Uhm," Awkwardness crept in between them and Jennie almost grimaced. "Good morning, Lisa." 

"Good morning," she heard Lisa say as the latter smiled at her.

"Uhm. Do you have to take pictures today?" 

The three are now seated at the modest dining table and had resumed their breakfast. Lisa sat still on her chair as she ate her food rather slowly, all the while stealing glances at the two in front of her. She'll never get tired of it, watching Jennie interacting with Ella, the cute little kid that had successfully won her heart at first sight.

"No. It's kinda my rest day today," Lisa answered as she scooped up some rice before putting it in her mouth.

"Yah Lili! You are such a baby!" 

"Hmm?" 

Lisa looked at Jennie who was laughing silently in her seat, her eyes turning into crescents and her gummy smile showing. Their apartment was instantly filled with the sound of rapid clapping and Lisa can't help but chuckle along with her fiancée. 

She swallowed her food first before talking. 

"What's so funny?" 

Lisa frowned. Jennie looked like she was never gonna recover from her laughing fit. 

"Yah, Nini..." She brought her chopsticks down and pouted. 

"I-I'm so-sorry... Let—let me just b-breathe..." 

Just when Jennie was about to talk, another set of giggles came out from her mouth and Lisa found the love of her life in a laughing fit once again. She was about to voice out her annoyance when she saw Jennie pointing at her chin.