Chapter 43

Rumored

“Ma’am,” Viech held my hand as I get out of the van. Taas noo akong naglakad sa pinakahuling appointment ko ngayong araw habang so Viech nama’y nasa tabi ko’t tahimik na ginagawa ang trabaho.

Viech is a quite kind of bodyguard. He won't talk unless you ask him or order him around sometimes it's good to have him like this but there's this situation that he can be irritating. Tulad nalang ang kidnapping attempt noon ni hindi nito sinabi sa akin ang mga impormasyong kinasasangkutan ko bagkus ay kay Clasper didiretso lahat. I get it that Clasper doesn't want me to be anxious again however I don't want him to keep me in the dark all over.

My eyes twinkled when I saw Clasper figure from afar. Walang salita kong binilisan ang paglakad papunta sakanya, “oh..” He softly said when I hugged him from behind. “You’re early..” Anito, nakangiti. “I’ve already ordered your favorites they'll be here after a minutes.”

A unknown feeling bloomed inside me, a genuine smile was drawn both on our faces. Inalalayan ako nitong umupo sa silya roon ay napansin ko na may kasama pala ito.

“D-Dorothy?” Our eyes met, he changed. Kung hindi mo ito tititigan ng mabuti’y malabong makikilala ko siya dahil sobrang laki ng pinagbago nito. “L-Long time no see.. S..So totoo pala..” Sabi nito he gulped hardly, “a-ahm.. So you're together huh?” He asked once again.

I was too stuck up to think of an reply, on my peripheral vision I saw the others that was also present. It was no other than the famous bachelors––the Marquez Triplets, Ingrid and Ruther Marquez sons. Clasper and them was quite close maybe because they share the same interests..

Ven Marquez smirked playful, may niluluto na namang kalokohan. “Actually they're engage.” And pointed my diamond ring that was used on my pictorial awhile ago that I forgot to take off. “It was a secret though,” Xerxes choked on his wine. “You okay?” And started patted his back.

Xerxes who's on the middle of self deliberation wiped his mouth. “S..Seryoso?” I flatly stared at him for acting this strange, so what's the big deal if ever the engagement is true? Why shows a suspicious exaggerated expression? “A-Ah.. C.. Congrats...”

Hindi na ako nag-abalang itama pa ang kalokohang sinabi ni Ven dahil alam ko namang sa bandang huli’y hahaba lang ang usapan. Knowing this triplet jerks, “thanks.” I replied. “Why are you all gathered here by the way?” I asked.

Clasper held my hand that was place on my tight below the table. “Shermaneous asked me remember?” I nodded. “And we met here by pure coincidence. Xerxes is with the triplets–––” Xerxes cut him off.

He was waving his hands in a agressive manner. “–––Friends mga parents namin!” Xerxes defensively said. “D-Don’t think weird things!” He blurted. “I’m straight!” I gave him a blank stare.

Mukha bang may pake ako?

At saka hindi ganoon ka corrupted ang utak ko para isiping may gagawin silang karumaldumal. Yes, given the fact that Xerxes in the past was somehow attracted to men doesn't mean ‘til now I'll suspect his personal matters. His business are his, and mine are mine.

“The way you defend yourself is making you the weird one.” Van Marquez said.

Vin Marquez nodded. “Do I look like someone interested on dicks aside from mine?” He bluntly commented.

Clasper hurriedly covered my ears preventing from being contaminated. “Stop making our dinner disturbing.”

Magtatalo pa sana sila kung hindi lang dumating ang mga orders namin. I was eating and minding my own world while they were talking about Galatea's case. Well, I sincerely wish and hope that they'll bring the justice that was robbed from her. I clench my fist, justice my ass.