Special Chapter II

#SL

VERDICT

“Happy 39th Birthday!” My thirteen year old son sang the happy birthday song. Dala-dala nito ang maliit na cake habang masayang kumakanta rito sa aking kwarto parang kailan lang noong bente sais ako ng ipinanganak siya ngayon ay binata na’t sumisinta na. “Happy Birthday Ma! I love you!” Itinapat nito ang kandila, I shut my eyes close and wish silently before blowing the cake.

Greg gave me a warm hug. My sweet boy really doesn't want to renounce my birthday. He wanted to be present even though this day was special for him. Alam ko kung gaano niya kagustong sumama sa outing nila Xenovia pero heto’t nagpaiwan para makasama ako sa araw na ‘to.

Raising Greg wasn't that hard, my mother, friends are all guiding me what to do of course they've been spoiling my boy and also, Gremory didn't forget his responsibility hindi man kami natuloy sa katapusang inaasahan ng lahat ay nanaliti kaming magkaibigan para kay Greg.

Reminiscing the past was enough for me to be contented, really there's so much hardship I've been facing and unexpectedly it turned in a unpredictable events. Our friends thought we're going to continue the marriage deal for Greg but then Gremory and I wanted to free each other on the toxic cycle. We wanted to fly on our own wings, to able to lift each other without being toxic.

I was young, he was exploited on the dirt of reality. We've been a fool whenever we're together, the rationale thinking was disgarded because we decided to take a wrong path. Although it happened, I was thankful because among all of those wrong decision Greg was the right one.

Bumaba na ako at nagtungo sa kusina roon ay nadatnan ko si Greg na inahanda ang lamesa, it's early in the morning yet he had finished preparing this. Petals of roses where carefully and creativity scattered kn the table also there was a sunflower bouquet placed. Ah, my boy cooked. I thought upon seeing the breakfast.

Greg is a thoughtful boy he my seems he doesn't care but deep inside he is. He always prefer doing something on a silent way, I don't kung kanino siya nagmana however when it comes to Xenovia Greg voice out all his feelings. “Ma,” his eyes twinkled. Iniusog ang upuan para sa akin, “let’s date...” At naupo sa harap ko.

I tasted the fried rice, it was delicious. Mas masarap pa sa luto ko. “How are you?” I asked, kahit na hindi kami katulad ng ibang pamilya ginagawa namin ang lahat ni Gremory para maparamdam kay Greg na buo kami.

Greg munches his food. “Good, papa and I went on the Sitio Ibuka.” He answered.

Napatango-tango ako may scheduling kasi kapag kasama ni Gremory si Greg ay kung saan-saan sila napupunta akala mo nama’y kamag-anak si dora. Noong nakaraang taon ay halos atakihin ako sa puso ng tumawag si Gremory at sinabing nasa Japan sila para mamasyal. Imagine my surprise when my nine year old boy waving on the television and shouting “Ma, look I'm here at the home of Goku!” eversince that incident happened I prohibited them from going out of the country without informing me beforehand.

“So did you see Xenovia?” I asked again he stopped from eating and gave me a force smile. With that I got worried. “If the girl doesn't want you then stop. I'm telling you Greg a no is a no, don't chase someone who doesn't want to be chase..” I commented.

Greg gulped his food. “I’m keeping it all ma like what you said a no is a no and also papa said if the girl was into someone then let it be and move on.. You told me your and papa’s story and when papa and I are talking about this topic he's always scolding me..” Inabot ko ang kamay nito at hinawakan, “that’s why I decided to stop and just be her friend. Xenovia is young she met the boy she like and I'm sure, ako rin... It's not that my world only revolve on that fairy lady..”

The taste of young love was addictive as it give you different flavors. It can be sweet, sour and ultimately a bitter one. I'm just hoping my boy won't take the painful path for someone who I think isn't worth it. Ayaw kong magaya siya sa akin dahil alam kong hindi niya mararanasan ang lupit ng pagkabata ni Gremory.

I want my only child to go and be happy as he is.

We finished eating after that conversation. Greg gave me a to-do-list of the things we're going to do. First we had a breakfast date, second we prepared to go on a villa that her tita Deiry owned when afternoon came we watch the sunset on the hillside as we talk about life. Greg is a open minded child which is why I'm so thankful because in a young age we managed to explain to him how life is..

Dinner came that fast. Greg and I are on the kitchen cooking the dishes. “Ma, there's someone on the door..” Greg shouted, I took my apron off. Lumabas ako para tignan kung sino ang nagdodoorbell. I held the doorknob and opened it only to see him, holding the bouquet of red roses. I frowned, “oh. Nanliligaw?” Dinig kong komento ni Greg at napasipol-sipol. “Ang late naman..” Tumatama ang ilaw na galing sa labas sakanyang mukha bakas ang kaba at pagiging takot.

Staring at him, standing there with nervousness I couldn't help but to giggle. “Pwedeng manligaw?” Naningkit ang mga mata ko, “no?” He said when I didn't answered immediately. “ I'll come back tomorrow..” Anito.

I crossed my arms. “Gabi na..” Kunwari’y masungit kong ani last year pa siya nagsimulang manligaw na parang tanga, akala ko ba kaibigan lang? Gusto ba niyang itapon ko siya sa dagat?

Greg smirked. “Mama wants harana and she doesn't want chocolate nor flower ang gusto ni mama Anlene.” Sinamaan ko ng tingin si Greg, itong batang ‘to hindi ko alam kung bakit ang daming napupulot na kalokohan.

Scratching the back of my head, hiding a smile who's slowly forming on my lips. I accepted his flowers, “what is this?” I asked, “a list?”

He smiled that made my heart leap despite of years that had passed. “List of things we could do for this new beginning.. In a right way, in right time..” It felt like a daydream in broad night, lifting the bouquet I read the list he was pertaining to.

It's not too late to be happy with you. So, I must try again

The verdict was made a long time ago but who cares, as long as we're alive we can make every list of our daydream true.

︶꒦꒷ᥫ᭡tksm꒷꒦︶

Sitio Series 3: Scheming List  जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें