004

When she woke again, Ran had opened the curtains. It was mid-day and the dazzling sun shone in her face, blinding her temporarily.

She gingerly sat up and examined herself. She was wearing a large plain white t-shirt and her underwear. Her uniform was nowhere to be seen, and the collar was still on her, though luckily it wasn't attached to the chain. She lifted her shirt to examine underneath.

God, her chest was covered in hickeys. She touched her neck, then reached behind to feel her back. Yup, they were covered in hickeys too.

She remembered the way Ran touched her, how he had kissed her. Her face felt hot. If not for him, her corpse would probably be in a forensic science lab somewhere. Or maybe she would still be lying on the ground, undiscovered.

Where was he, anyways? She tried standing up, but her legs were weak. When she managed to right herself up, her steps were wobbly. She walked through the door and into the room outside; it had a fully-functioning kitchen area and there was a sofa and TV beside the window. There was a clock on the wall beside the TV, indicating that it was 1:17. Behind the kitchen area was a hallway, and at the end of the hallway was a door. THE door. The one that could help her get out. She rushed toward it and pulled the handle. Naturally, it was locked.

"Fuck you, asshole!" y/n yelled, then clamped a hand over her mouth. For all she knew, Ran could still be in the apartment. Even if he wasn't, he could've installed mics and cameras everywhere.

y/n felt extremely hungry. She hobbled to the fridge and checked out the contents. Nothing. She silently cursed Ran for not keeping food in the fridge. She checked in the cupboards. There was nothing in there either.

Fustrated, y/n slumped on the sofa and turned on the TV, going to the movies channel. It was showing "Titanic". y/n scoffed then turned the TV off.

Her dad had been a loan shark. He left her and her mom for another woman when she was 8, completely cutting ties with them. Years later, he had wound up dead and on the news after killing two people and himself. Last month, her mom died due to heart failure from stress. She had left her family as a teenager, so when the police contacted them, they weren't eager to accept the child of the family's disappointment. A few weeks later, they found out the identity of her father, which caused even more commotion. In the end, it was decided she would move in with an uncle of hers, who never took his eyes of her breast even for a moment when they first met. If everything had happened as planned, she would've been moving in with him next week.

To be completely honest, she was glad she met Ran. Sure, he was a criminal, and he was 12 years older, but he was hot. y/n had nothing against hot guys. Even if it was for his own entertainment, he had taken her hand and pulled her away from the temptation of suicide. In a fucked up way, he saved her.

y'know..., y/n thought to herself, suddenly bored, "Titanic" has probably ended by now. Why not try the TV again?