005

It was 20:32 when y/n heard the clicking of a lock and the creaking of a door. She was on her 7th film by then. She had had a few glasses of water and been to the bathroom a few times, but her empty stomach was driving her mad.

She sprang up from the couch and stomped over to the door, where Ran was taking his shoes off. He had changed and was now wearing a perfectly tailored gray three-piece suit. There was a plastic delivery bag that was steaming beside him on he floor. He looked up as y/n came to stand in front of him.

"Where the fuck have you been?" she demanded.

Ran chuckled. "What, did you miss me?"

"I missed the food." y/n grabbed the bag and ran over to the kitchen, where she unloaded the contents on the counter. Two steaming boxes of warm yakisoba.

She searched the draws until she found a pair of chopsticks, then grabbed a box of yakisoba and headed to the couch. Shortly after, Ran joined her, putting an arm around her shoulder.

"Scooch over, I'm starving too" Ran grinned.

They ate in silence. The yakisoba was delicious, the noodles firm, the sauce melting on her tongue. She had mouthful after mouthful, and in no time, she was finished. Ran wasn't any better. He wolfed down his yakisoba and finished even quicker than y/n.

"Ahhhhhhh, that was delicous." Ran slumped on the sofa, stretching out his arms and legs. "What movie is this?" He nodded at the TV.

"Saw III." y/n loved this movie. She used to curl up with her mom on their sofa and watch horror movies on rainy days. They used to laugh when watching the goriest movies.

I miss her...

In the weeks following her mom's passing, y/n had had to put up with hearing snide comments about her mom from her relatives. They scorned her, and it took all of her self restraint to not scoff and make rude remarks right back at them. She needed their money to get into university and live a stable life.

Ran's voice jolted her back to reality. He was asking her a question.

"Huh?" y/n asked, confused.

"I asked if you were scared of horror." He pinched her cheek, but y/n wasn't sure if the gesture held any affection.

"It's my favourite genre."

"Oh, then would you like to see it in real life sometime?"

"What?"

"Y'know, it would be interesting to see your face when someone dies brutally in front of you." Ran leaned in closer to y/n, so his breath was tickling her ear then whispered, "Wanna try?"

"I-" Ran was flashing her a lazy smile, but y/n didn't think he was joking.

"No, thank you." She said.

Ran's face went stony. His hand reached into the inside of his suit. y/n was expecting the worst when Ran suddenly threw back his head and laughed, long and hard.

"You're- you're hilarious!" He wheezed. From inside his suit, the pulled out a pouch that y/n recognised. It was the same as the pouches on the table in the room she woke up in, but this one was full of capsules.

 Oh! Horror appeared on her face as Ran opened the pouch, took out a capsule and popped it in his mouth.

Ran saw her staring. "What?" he asked, swallowing.

"Nothing. " y/n said quickly.

A grin broke on Ran's face. "You want some?" Before y/n could react, he put a hand on her shoulder and pushed her down on the sofa. One knee was between her legs, the other leg was rooted to the floor. He put on hand beside her head, his other hand holding a pill in his long fingers. He looked straight into her eyes. 

"Open up, now." He licked his lips lightly with his tongue. y/n kept her mouth firmly shut. Whatever happened, she was NOT opening her mouth.

Ran sighed. He straightened up then reached inside his suit again. This time, he pulled out a gun, undid the safety lock and pointed it at her head.

y/n opened her mouth.

Ran put the capsule in her mouth.

"Swallow." 

Her mouth was dry. y/n glanced at the gun, then choked down the pill.

" You won't throw up, will you?"

y/n shook her head.

" Good." Ran bent down and slowly, gently licked the corner of y/n's lips. Then he stood up, leaving a flustered and terrified y/n sprawled on the sofa. 

y/n could hear Ran saying, "Yesterday I did it raw, didn't I? Stay here. I'll go out and get some pills." He left the apartment, leaving y/n alone.

Her mind was spinning. I just took drugs. I took drugs. I don't even know what type they are. I took drugs.

On the TV, "Saw III"  was at the part where Lynn was performing skull surgery on John. Normally, when this scene came on, y/n would perk up. But this time, she barely even registered what was happening.

If I throw up now, Ran might not find out. They might not have taken affect yet...

y/n sat up and ran to the bathroom. Kneeling by the toilet, she reached her fingers deep into her throat and retched. She puked. The yakisoba tasted horrible coming up, and she could see a red and white capsule, though it was soggy and had started to disintergrate. After emptying her stomach completely, she flushed the toilet, washed her hands and mouth at the basin then looked into the mirror.

Right into the eyes of Ran, who was standing in the doorway, one eyebrow raised.