Prologue - rewrite

Nighttime Shibuya Crossing was a perfect place for a gang member to leisurely stroll around without fear of being dragged to prison. It was loud, rowdy, and it was as if the population's faces merged together - they were all one, all insignificant in the busy system.

Indeed, that was what a certain gang member was doing - walking around, window shopping and smiling at old ladies just like any other person would. He felt bored, bored of all the paperwork that he'd been handed recently. Though his days of fistfights had long past, he found himself craving the sensation of blood on his knuckles wistfully. He only used guns nowadays. Since when had he become so sophisticated?

He hatched a plan to go into an alleyway, make himself look vulnerable, then maybe bash some lowly thugs. It wouldn't hurt anyone - in fact, it would only stop this fucking boredom of his. A win-win plan: some pussy boys would get their faces blessed by his fist, and he would destress, which would give him energy to speedrun all of his damned paperwork.

Just as he was walking out of a crossing, something caught his attention; out of the corner of his eye, he saw a silhouette on the fire escape of a building. A woman, it seemed. Clumsy little feet standing tentatively on the railing, pondering her last moments of life.

Haitani Ran's face slowly broke into a grin, as his heels turned and he started walking to that building instead.

Well, there's my entertainment for tonight.