2 - Meeting the newbie

Before we start, here are all the indicators for this chapter:
None
I hope you enjoy this chapter!

!!ATTENTION!!
In this story, Poison Mushroom is supposed to be Licorice's child, but Licorice and Pomegranate just couldn't get along, and so broke up. But since they still live in the castle Mushroom can see both of their parents whenever they want, so there have never been any visitation issues or anything like that. Also Licorice is also the best father, using his child's correct pronouns. (For thoughs who don't know, Poison Mushroom's pronouns are canonly they/them. If you don't believe me, use this link to see for yourself https://cookierunkingdom.fandom.com/wiki/Poison_Mushroom_Cookie )
(Once again, most of this is my own AU/HC, so most of it is not fully canon)

Licorice's POV

"What do you mean?!" I exclaimed, being in shock of what I just heard. "You heard what I said Licorice." Miss Enchantress said. We were talking over a mirror portal, first discussing the mission when she brought up a new member who was going to join me and Mushroom on our mission. "Why didn't you tell me right away there was a new member last week!!?" I yell again, waving my scythe in the air. "Because this was how I expected you would react. Plus, you would have bugged me non-stop about who they were and why they were joining." The mistress said, and took a drink out of her wine glass. I tried to find something to say, but got cut off with, "You're going to let them come to this mission, and let them help. End of discussion Licorice. Is that understood?" After a minute of silence I say, "Y-Yes Miss Enchantress..." "Good. Now, if there is nothing else we need to discuss, I must be on my way to other matters. Good day, and good luck with the new member." After that, the portal closes, and I'm left there alone in my tent in silence, before I turn around and leave, now being upset.

As I walk through the camp that had been set up, my head is filled with thoughts as I think about the new person coming. 'When are they even coming? Ugh, they better not be annoying...' I think to myself, wandering now. As I do so I feel something tug my robe, and look down, seeing it was Mushroom. "Hiiiii daad." They said, looking up at me with a smile. I looked at him and smiled, then said, "Hey bud. What'cha up too?" "Not muuch. I found somme coool leaves thouggh!" I looked at his hands to see he was holding poison ivy, and freaked out. "Mushroom, put that down that's poison ivy!" I yelped out, dropping down to their level right away. Mushroom just looked down to their hands, then said, "Is thaat why myy handss are itcchy?" I let out a sigh and said, "Yes Mushroom, that's most likely why. Now come on, drop it and let's go get some lotion on your hands, or else your mom is going to kill me if she finds out." They then dropped the ivy, and I wrap my hand up with my sleeve and take hold of Mushrooms hand and walk him back to my tent, where I find some lotion and help them apply it on, while making sure I didn't get the rash myself.

"Thaank yoou!" My little mushroom said, hugging me. I smiled and hugged back, then picked them up and placing them on my shoulders. They squeal, making me smile even more, making me laugh. "C'mon, let's head on out. There's also some things I have to tell you." I said, and walked out of the tent with Mushroom on my shoulders still. "Like whaat?" Mushroom asked, looking down at me wanting to know what I was going to tell him. I then explained about the new member and that we would be meeting them and how they were going to come join us on our mission. "Yaaay! I can shoow them my shrooomiees!!" Mushroom said, bobbing their head from side to side in joy. I smiled again, and agreed with them, knowing Mushroom was going to be even more happy then. I really love to see my kid smile, even if it means I don't really trust this newcomer at all. "When arre they comingg?" Mushroom asked, looking at me in curiosity now. "I honestly don't know yet, all I know is that they should be here by tonight or tomorrow morning. And if they aren't, then I got to go look for them." I say as I sighed after the last part. Because if they do manage to get lost I'm not gonna be happy looking for them.

"Ook!" Mushroom said, being their happy little self that I enjoyed. We continue to wander around the camp, then eventually went into the forest, finding some non-poisonous plants that Mushroom could keep to take back to the castle when the mission was done and over with. As I watch them I hear a noise coming from a nearby bush, but brush it off at first, thinking nothing much of it. Until it started to move again. I look over, slightly pulling my weapon out and start to watch the bush, making sure nothing bad would come out. It keeps rustling to the point where Mushroom notices, and walks over to me. "What's iin the bushh?" Mushroom asked, grabbing a-hold onto my robe. I don't answer him, and walk towards the bush, pulling my scythe out and raising it up. "Whatever is in there, get out now!" I yell, getting mad now.

"W-Wait!!"

I stop, now looking at the bush blanky, not expecting to hear a voice. All of a sudden, a person emerges from the bush, having leaves and sticks on their clothes and in their hair. They were also holding a bag and a map in their one hand, and clearly looked lost and panicked. "I swear I'm not going to hurt you, I'm just lost!" The person says, rubbing the back of their neck nervously.

I lower my scythe down a bit and ask "Where are you supposed to be..?" 'I have a feeling I should know who this person is supposed to be..." My conscience said, as a sinking feeling filled my stomach. The person looks at their map, and says, "Do you happen to know where 'Fudge Rivers' are? There's a campsite there I need to get to." 'Wait.... WAIT-!'

"Wait YOUR the new member?!"