22 - Night 1

Indicators for this chapter:

Y/N - Your name
N/N - Nick name
F/E/D - Favorite energy drink
H/E - Headphones or Earbuds
P/MP - Phone or Music Player

Hope you enjoy this chapter!

No one's POV

The group of seven are walking through the woods, being halfway to the kingdom.
In the front was Red Velvet, Dark Choco and Pomegranate, in the middle was Y/N and Licorice, and then in the back was Strawberry Crepe and Poison Mushroom. As they all walked to the castle, Y/N kept looking back to Crepe, who was silent throughout the whole trip.

Due to the silence, Licorice soon went to look, starting to worry as well.
Between Licorice, Y/N, Mushroom and Crepe, they all knew the pink haired child had a big crush on the little blonde boy, Custard, who was on the enemy team, and being told to possibly kidnap and hold him hostage in case the group did get caught had basically made Crepe more than upset.

Even if the four members wanted to oppose this order, they all knew they couldn't, or else they would have suffered great consequences. So, all they could hope for was they didn't get caught.

Y/N's POV

It's nine fifty-one now, and we're about another twenty to thirty minutes away from the outskirts of the kingdom. My back hurts like hell from carrying this bag, and my F/E/D is almost gone because I had a rough time going to bed and taking a nap. Uugh, can't wait for when we all get to the spot and set everything up, I could probably get away with a power nap for about an hour.

I look at Licorice, who also seems tired of carrying his bag, and is using his scythe to help support the extra weight as we keep walking. I also look behind me to check on Mushroom and Crepe. Both of them were holding a large thermos filled with coffee, both listening to music with the same pair of earbuds as Mushroom tried to get Crepe's mind on something else, even though it wasn't really working sadly. Crepe had a stone cold look on their face, just staring at the ground as they followed the rest of the group and held tightly onto Mushroom's hand.

I turn my head back around and focus back onto the path in front of me, sighing. I still don't understand why Enchantress wants us to kidnap the kid, even if she us her reasoning. I decided to tune things out as well, letting Licorice know I was going to turn on music and to alert me if anything was wrong. After that, I pull out my H/E and hook them up to my P/MP, and start my playlist. What I thought was only less than ten minutes later, we finally arrived at the spot we were going to be camping out at for the next few days. Me and Licorice set our bags down, and went to help set up the lookout tent with Red Velvet as the rest went to set up the side tent. About thirty minutes passed before we had all finished getting the tents set up with everything we needed inside as well.

Thanks to some magic, we were able to make the tents turn invisible and also be able to expand on the inside. (Like the tents in Harry Potter from The Goblet of Fire) We all settled down, taking a small break from the walk and setup and busted out some snacks. I don't know what happened, but as I sat down in my folding chair, I guess I fell asleep, because the next thing I knew, I woke up, wrapped in a blanket and sitting on someone's lap.

Lirocie's POV:

I yawn, rubbing my eyes with one hand as I sat in the lookout tent by myself.

Velvet, Choco and Pomegranate all went to scout out around the area to look for traps as Crepe and Mushroom decided to take another nap, while Y/N, now on my lap, had unexpectedly passed out in their seat as we were all taking a break and eating some snacks. I held onto them tightly as I watched through the mini window, looking at the kingdom that was a hundred and fifty feet away from where we were camping, though it seemed like everyone in the kingdom was asleep by now.

Suddenly, I feel Y/N move around in my lap, and look down seeing they woke up. They were confused at first before looking up to and seeing me, then smiled, saying, "Hi." I smile back and respond with,
"Did you plan this out by any chance?"
"Possibly, possibly not. You'll never know."

I let out a small laugh and leaned down a bit to kiss N/N's forehead, earning a warm smile in return. "Well, next time don't fall asleep like you did. You almost fell out of your chair and hit your head." I tell them, getting a drink from my thermos. "Really?" They questioned, sitting up a bit. "Yeah, Mushroom managed to catch you in time but almost buckled under the weight." I answered, yawning afterwards. "Huh, where is everyone else by the way?" Y/N asks once more, looking around. "Mushroom and Crepe are sleeping, the others are scouting the area real quickly. I decided to stay here because you and the other two fell asleep, and to also watch the kingdom." I explained, taking a glance to Crepe and Mushroom, who were sleeping behind us.

They were on an inflatable mini couch, wrapped up in blankets and leaning against each other with peaceful looks on their faces. Y/N looks over to them as well and smiles, then turns back to me and asks me, "You wanna switch?" I look at them with a confused look, not knowing what they meant. Y/N realized my confusion and laughed, then said, "Do you want to switch to where you're sitting in my lap instead?" My mind takes a moment to process, and when it did I felt my face go slightly red. "Y-You sure?" I stammered out, not knowing what to say. "Yes, I can watch through the window for you as you sleep," Y/N insisted, "and you also look like you could use a quick nap.'' they added.

I take another minute, but to think of my answer this time, but then mutter out, "O-Ok." I let go of Y/N's waist, and watch Y/N stand up and take the blanket off of them. I then stand up and feel the blanket being tossed around my shoulders, and feel my face burn some more. A chuckle comes from Y/N and they lean in to kiss me. When they did, I kissed back, enjoying the warmth coming from their lips. We stayed like that for a moment or so, before I felt them pull back and grab me by the waist, pulling me down onto their lap and sitting down. I let out a small squeak, my face burning even more now since this was new for me. Normally I would sit on Y/N's left or right side, and we would cuddle and hold onto each other then, but sitting in each other's lap? That was something neither of us normally did, and so this is still something I'm not used to. I don't know if it was something Y/N was used too, but hopefully it wasn't as weird for them as it is for me.

Time started to pass, and I eventually started to relax and less tensed, and curled up against Y/N slightly, enjoying the warmth of the blanket and from Y/N's arms that stayed wrapped around me. I started to become sleepy, and soon enough, I fell asleep, the feeling of being safe and secure within N/N's arms making it even better.

-Authors note-

Hahahahahahah I got motivation and a shit ton of it to write!
Plus free time as well, since school for me has been going easy on work-

Either way, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and hopefully I can get the next one made and posted out soon as well!

I hope you all have an amazing day/night everyone!!