33 - Negotiation

Indicators for this chapter:

Y/N: Your name

Enjoy this chapter!
(So sorry it took forever to make this I've been bust w/ school)

Y/N's POV

I'm sitting in a cell that belongs to the kingdom of Gingerbrave and his friends, waiting for him and the others to come to speak to me. If you're wondering why I'm here, and if Enchantress is aware, yes, she is aware that I'm here. She sent me here with Dark Choco and Red Velvet, who had escorted me here and are now waiting outside the kingdom for me to make the deal with Gingerbrave.

I managed to convince her to let me be the one to make the offer, claiming that since I'm the newest member of the group, I have fewer problems with Gingerbrave and his friends and that they would probably be more interested in me, because they also still don't know much about me. I'm not sure how she bought it, but she did, and now I'm here, in the dungeons as I waited. Another few minutes pass by when I start to hear a faint sound of footsteps coming towards me, turning my head towards it. Soon I heard talking, and the footsteps getting louder.

I let out a sigh, knowing that once the four of them got here there was going to be a lot of yelling. And sure enough, the first person that was there, the girl with the red spiky hair, got in front of my cell yelling, "YOU-! WHERE THE FUCK IS CUSTARD YOU ASSHOLE!" She grabbed hold of the bars, her face red from anger as a vein that was showing on her forehead looked like it was going to pop.

"Ch-Chilli, calm down!"
The next person to enter was the other girl, the pink hooded one. "They're not going to want to talk if you yell at them like that..!"

"I don't care! They're one of the reasons why Custard was taken!" The first girl hollered, still having a grip on the bars. Soon a third person entered my view, it was a boy in a blue robe that had the bottom of his face covered with a scarf, his hat tilted down slightly in front of his face. "Unless you don't want to find Custard, then keep yelling. It won't help us, and it won't help him. So calm down Chillie."
The redhead looked to the wizard, her grip somewhat loosening on the bars, when she looks back to me and grits her teeth, letting go of the bars and taking a step back, anger was still written all over her face. As she did, the last person finally came up, checking on his friends to see if everything was ok. He talked to them for a moment, then looked at me with a nervous smile and says, "Hi, I'm Gingerbrave.. You must be Y/N."

I stay silent for a moment, before standing up from my seating position and walking towards the bars, stopping when I was a few inches away from them. The four of them tensed up slightly as I looked around at the group of four, observing each of them and their details, both physical and mental. Gingerbrave, the pink hooded girl, and the wizard were all shorter as redhead was on the taller side, Gingerbrave and the pink hooded one seemed to be a bit more empathetic while redhead and the wizard were not, and overall, all four seemed to be on edge about meeting and seeing me.

"Yes," I responded, looking to Gingerbrave, "I am. I'm a new member of Cookies of Darkness, I happened to join about with to nine months ago." Gingerbrave nodded afterward, seeming to relax a bit, taking a turn and saying, "We heard you were a new member, we just didn't know for how long you had been in C.O.D." He then gestured to his friends, continuing with; "These are my friends, Wizard, Strawberry, and Chillie." I look over to them, being able to match up the names of who was who, and nodded, looking back to Gingerbrave and said, "Good to meet you all. Custard has told me a bit about you four." The moment that left my mouth, Chillie spoke up; "Like what?"

I glance over to her, narrowed my eyes, and answered her with, "If you think C.O.D. asked for information about you four from him yet, we haven't. We already have files on all five of you, Custard included, with all your attacks, defenses, everything." I paused, who all stared at me with a look of shock, then continued with, "What I had meant by Custard telling me about you all before I came here, was that how you'd all would be more than willing to do almost anything to help him."

The group of four went from exchanging looks, to looking back at me, as Wizard then takes a step closer to the cell, now saying, "Yes, we would. And I assume Dark Enchantress sent you here, to negotiate the terms of his release." The white haired boy then says, his voice staying monotoned as he spoke.

"I'm here to talk about the ransom, yes, but not of what Enchantress wants."
I respond back with, shifting my weight onto my foot, hands resting on my hips. That again, made the four of the cookies pause, and exchange looks once more, then once they looked back to me, Gingerbrave then spoke up, questioning with, "What do you mean by that...?"

With no hesitation, I right away start explaining, saying;
"Me, Licorice, Poison Mushroom, and Strawberry Crepe all want out of the Cookies of Darkness, along with a couple other members."

"In exchange for bringing Custard back to the kingdom safely, me and my family want your kingdoms protection in return, and to be guaranteed that Dark Enchantress with have no possible way of ever getting to us."

*~Timeskip bc I can lol~*

It took a few hours of talking Gingerbrave and his friends into it, but I got them to agree.

They wanted both Custard safely returned, and information on the entire Cookie of Darkness team, which I gladly gave to them.
And now, if me and the others could pull this off perfectly, bring Custard back to the kingdom here, and get away without Enchantress catching or stopping us, Gingerbrave would provide up immunity and protection from Enchantress herself, and make sure me, Licorice and the younger two lived comfortably.

Leaving through the castle gates, knowing Gingerbrave, and many other people from his kingdom were watching me leave, I soon got into the forest, eventually meeting up with Dark Choco and Red Velvet.

On our way back to the dark lands, all I thought if as I quietly walked not so far behind the other two was,
"This better not fail."

~Authors note~

*Slides in, putting shades on*
New chapter after over a yeaaaar

Hopefully I can keep my motivation to finish this story lmfao

Otherwise, hoped y'all enjoyed this chapter and have a great day/night!