28 - Back and Safe

Indicators for the chapter:

Y/N - Your name

Hope you enjoy!

No one's POV:

"Daaaad!" Mushroom yelled, running towards the sweat drenched man.
"Hey Mushroom! What happened to your robe?" Licorice asked, picking up the small child and holding them. "Mushroom had to cut part of the robe, they were starting to trip over it!" The pink haired child yelled out, still having Custard with them, who was still struggling to get out of the binds he was in.

The group of five had just made it back to the castle after an hour and a half of walking, just as the other five had gotten there thirty minutes prior, waiting for the five to come before heading into their home. As the group of ten entered the castle, the lights began to flicker on, dark red flames lighting up the hallway. At the end of the hallway, on top of a flight of stairs stood Enchantress, who had a calm, stone expression as she watched everyone make their way down the hall and up the stairs. The group reached the top of the stairs, and all went onto their knees, bowing before her. There was silence for the first few minutes, before Enchantress stated bluntly, "I'm assuming with seeing the young boy I said to kidnap, that the mission has been compromised." She then moved her staff from her left hand to her right. Licorice slightly rose his head up, and began saying, "I-It was my fault miss," Licorice paused, and continued with, "I was trying to show Batcat and Schwarzwälder the scout paths we were using, but as we were walking along them, there was a trap that had been set up. I got stuck in it, but thankfully Schwarzwälder got me out quickly. Gingerbrave and his team came on sight almost less than three minutes later however, so I assume they already knew we were in the area for a while." Licorice finished, lowering his head back down.

Another wave of silence followed for a few minutes once again, the only sound being of Custard moving around, trying to speak but still being gagged. It broke once again with Enchantress calmly speaking, "It is what it is. We have the child, and now we can use him against Gingerbrave. For now though, put him in a room where he can't get out. I want at least two of you to keep watch on him, and make sure no harm comes to him or else the plans will be further messed up." With that, she turned away, and flames raised up in front of her. Before she walked through the fiery door however, she turned her head back around and looked at Strawberry Crepe, who looked up to her, an uneasy feeling growing inside them. "Please, do not let your feelings get in the way, little one. Just for now." The white haired woman stated, then walked through the flames, which closed up behind her.

Custard's POV:

(Keep me in a room?! They're gonna lock me up, oooh no no no!)
I tried to move and scream, but both of my arms and legs are tied up tightly at my wrists and ankles, and I'm still gagged as well. I felt myself being lifted up, and started freaking out more, even though I knew it was Crepe who was lifting me up. As they lifted me up, I heard some of the older enemy members start talking about who would be keeping watch of me, hearing Dark Choco say, "Me and Velvet have to be with Miss Enchantress to help her with the plans, so you five are going to have to figure it out." "Four? Don't you mean seven?" Licorice questioned.
"I'm saying four because Batcat is too small. If the kid were to escape he could just smack him or pull him to the ground if he were low enough. Even then, could possibly knock him out of the air, since we don't know how good the kid's aim is." Dark Choco responded, looking over to me then quickly looking back to the others. "And even though Crepe and Mushroom could also help, Crepe would have an easier time catching the kid than Mushroom. So Batcat and Mushroom are out of the question." He then looked at them and said, "Sorry."

"Hey, that means less work for me!!" The little demon happily said, landing on Poison Mushrooms head, and continued with, "You also get to spend time with your favorite uncle!" Poison Mushroom smiled and laughed, slightly flapping their hands up and down by their sides then stopping. "Well, let's get the kid into a room, then decide." A member that I've never seen before said. I looked them up and down, trying to figure out who they were, when I remembered Crepe telling me that the C.O.D had gotten a new member when we hung out last time. I don't remember their name, but from what Crepe told me, they were really good in fights, but also really nice. "Crepe, with me." The member said, putting their Y/W onto their back belt and started walking down the halls. Crepe levitated off the ground and followed behind, not saying a word. I muffle out a whine, balling up slightly in the giant mechanical arms.

Soon we leave the rest of the C.O.D members, now being in a different hallway. It wasn't long before Crepe stopped fully, keeping their head down. The member stopped as well, without even having to turn around to know Crepe stopped walking, and then turned around, having a calm, yet sad expression on their face.
Crepe then looked up, being clearly upset and choked out, "I-I don't wanna do this, Y/N I'm scared.." They then looked at me and...

Started to cry.

(Crepes crying...?) I don't know what to do, and I couldn't even do anything if I wanted to. As I watched Crepe cried, I noticed that the member, now knowing their name as Y/N, walked over, going around Crepe's robotic arms and lowered down their their height and hugged them, calming Crepe down. Crepe hugged back, burying their face into Y/N, trying to cover up their sobs as they continued to hug. After a minute, Crepe moved back, wiping their face with their arm, and looked at me. We looked at each other for a few seconds, then Crepe turned back to Y/N and asked, "Can I take the gag off? Please?" I looked to the taller person, who responded with, "Yes. It's just u-" Crepe didn't let Y/N finish and started getting the gag off, untying it quickly. I take a deep breath in, now being able to breathe normally again, and let out a sigh, and feel my head become slightly dizzy "Are you okay??" Crepe asked me, putting the cloth away. "Yeah, just dizzy." I answered, looking at Crepe and nodding.

After that, Crepe and Y/N continued to walk, and we all talked, and got to know Y/N a little bit. When we got to where the room was, Y/N took a key out and unlocked the door, opening it to reveal a white room, with a bed and small dresser. After Crepe and Y/N walked in, the door shut behind them, automatically locking itself. Crepe set me down in the bed and took the ropes off my wrists and feet, but then pulled out something else, their face going sour. "I'm sorry, but we have to put this on you." They said, putting the metal band on my ankle. "What is it?" I asked, looking up to Crepe. "A tracker." Y/N answered for Crepe, leaning onto the wall. "If you were to escape, we need to know where you're at."
"Oh, alright.." I said, looking away from both of them.

It's silent now, none of us not knowing what to say or do. Eventually, Y/N let out a sigh and said, "Alright, let's get going Crepe, we have things to do. You'll probably be able to hang out with Custard later, hopefully." Crepe looked between me and Y/N, seeming hesitant, but then nodded, lowering their head slightly. They both go to turn around, when Crepe stops and turns back to me. They then quickly pull something out of their pocket and shove it into my hand and turn back around, following Y/N and waving bye to me. I painfully watched the door slowly close, the last thing I saw on the other side being Crepe's eyes before it fully shut, now making me alone in this room. I look at the note in my hand, and turn it around, seeing my name on it, and open it, then read it.

Licorice's POV

I watch Y/N and Crepe come back, Crepe looking upset, and Y/N trying to comfort them. I sigh, not being happy about what I'm about to say to them both, but I would rather be the one to tell them than anyone else. Y/N sees me and smiles, waving to me, but then realizes something was off with the way I looked at them and Crepe. The pink hair kid caught on too, and seems to get more nervous now. When they both get within five feet, Y/N immediately asks, "What's wrong?"
I'm silent for a moment, then I take a deep breath in, and say, "Me, Enchantress and everyone else, but Mushroom, say Crepe shouldn't be allowed to see Custard anymore."

"What?"

-Authors note-

Hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
Make sure to check out the Discord server as well! My username is in my bio!
Have a good day/night!!