14 - She found out & Mushroom knows now

Before we start, here are the indicators for the chapter:

Y/N: Your name
C/N: Creatures name

Hope you enjoy!

No ones POV:

It was nearing eleven p.m as Y/N and Licorice made their way back to the castle, riding both of their creatures to get there faster. Both of them yelled in joy, deciding to race each other to the castle for the fun of it. Licorice was taking the lead, Arkis running as fast as she could while also conserving her energy, while Y/N and C/N were not that far behind the gryffin and the man in the robe.

The four of them arrived at the castle in less than fifty minutes, the two owners still yelling in joy and excitement from the joyride. As all of them arrived at the stables, the steeds started to slow down, and eventually came to stop as they both entered their stalls. Y/N and Licorice get off and grab their bags, and then the saddles give their creatures a well deserved break from them. As both C/N and Arkis settle down into their beds, the other two get the saddles onto the saddle racks and grab the bags again, saying good night to C/N and Arkis, then start heading towards the castle.

"I won heheh!!" Licorice giggled out, pulling up his hood that had fallen off during the ride.

Y/N giggled as well and said, "I'm gonna beat you next time!" "Next time? Are you saying there's gonna be another date?" Licorice said, slightly leaning towards Y/N with a slight smirk on his face. Y/N rolled their eyes and said, "Yes there will be, unless you're gonna chicken out that is." "In your dreams!" Licorice spat out, but smiling widely. They both burst out laughing, one of the two not knowing that there was another person not far behind them watching.

Both Y/N and Licorice walk towards Y/N's room, dropping off most of the stuff Y/N had taken with them to the date. As Y/N went to come out of their room, Licorice said, "I can get the dishes dealt with, you can go and get ready for bed." "Oh, you sure?" Y/N responded, holding the door open still. Licorice smiled and said once again, "Yeah, don't worry! Have a good night, ok?" "Alright, night Licorice!" Y/N said, and started to close the door. As Licorice went to turn, he felt himself get pulled back a bit, and a kiss be planted on his cheek. He heard Y/N giggle, then close the door, leaving him standing there with wide eyes and a flustered face from what had just happened.

As much as Licorice wanted to scream at that point, he had other pressing matters to deal with, such as the person who had followed them. His expression went from happy and flustered, to stone cold as he turned around, staring the person who was still behind him directly in the eyes.

"Pomegranate." He spat out bitterly, swinging the bag over his shoulder as he glared at the red haired women. Pomegranate took a step out of the shadow, glaring back, but her expression remained calm. There was silence after that, both of them just glaring at each other, both not realizing that another figure had entered the room, quietly and out of sight. Pomegranate cleared her throat, saying, "I see you're enjoying yourself, hm?" "Why in hell do you care?" Licorice said, slightly lowering his head down, a shadow forming on his face as he did so. "Because you know just as well as I do, like the last time, that relationship you're trying to make happen so desperately is going to fail." Pomegranate said, taking a few steps closer to the purple haired man. Licorice became pissed off from this, and retaliated with: "Well at least Y/N isn't a bitch like you are, at least they actually do care for me, and don't use me for sex like you did, because that's all you wanted to do with me. You never actually comforted me when I needed it, you never did anything that you were supposed to do to help the relationship, whereas I poured my damn heart out for you, and even after Mushroom was born, stayed with you until I realized two years later that you were the one causing all the issues in my life, so I'm sorry for trying to move on, unlike you who can't get over the fact that her damn puppet left her for GOOD."